Prs 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvamedic

My local PD recently went into a trunked freq, I think. Anyway, I'm hearing it, along with other agencies including fire and EMS on 453.4375. I have no idea how to isolate it. I contacted Grecom support but all they told was to use the TUNE option. Can someone help me??? wvamedic@aol.com

Robertolson

Premium Subscriber
It's sounds like a new trunk system (if so) and the talk ID's are new and not yet in the RR system.

you need to monitor the trunk system in (search mode) and write down the ID's numbers on paper this can take some time.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's sounds like a new trunk system (if so) and the talk ID's are new and not yet in the RR system.

you need to monitor the trunk system in (search mode) and write down the ID's numbers on paper this can take some time.

ROTFL :D

How 1970s!

You can use a program like IDTracker to record and log the activity, assuming that the system is not yet in the database. It's free, and the author is a RR member

best regards..Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can find links to IDTracker, and the other big 3 that work with the PSR600 (ARC500, PSRedit500 and Win500) here (all links are blue)

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

wvamedic, I'm going to make a WAG here and say you're from West Virginia - check in with our WV forum and see if someone has already started plotting this 'new system' - I'd be willing to wager that someone has already started, if not already have it done...

West Virginia Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

best regards...Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Using the Tune mode is fairly simple. Just put the control channel frequency into the Tune mode or do a limit search and when the radio finds the control channel or conventional frequency, select Tune. Then you can press Store to save the new system, and a new TGID wilcard if trunked, into a new TSYS and TGID object, or conventional object (if it's not actually trunked). Then you can scan it and hear the activity on the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.