PSERN Programing Question

JimClark

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program a BCD325P2 Scanner. I want to take the Puget Sound Emergency Radio Network (PSERN) and only pick and choose which groups I want to listen to. I would like to be able to assign a quick key to each group so I could just listen to say Seattle police or Seattle Fire if I wanted to. I was wondering if I could get some info on how to go about picking and choosing only a few of the groups on the PSERN to get the information the scanner needs to work properly. I am using ARC XT software. I am located in West Seattle and I just want to concentrate on the Seattle area and some of King County as I am close to the City limits.
Thanks in advance
Jim

Attachments

• PSERN.jpg
    PSERN.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 25

phd-2

From West Seattle you will probably optimally hear the West and South King sites. You could try the 'main' Seattle/Eastside site as it carries the most traffic so if reception is OK monitor it. To get set up, minimally, you'll need the system (P25 Standard) and to load of the frequencies for at least 1 site, though as I said, where you are I'd probably scan both West and South King. Then set quick keys for each of your groups (Click on the group and at the top of the grid next to the group name, you can assign the quick key) That should probably get you started.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Trying to program a BCD325P2 Scanner. I want to take the Puget Sound Emergency Radio Network (PSERN) and only pick and choose which groups I want to listen to. I would like to be able to assign a quick key to each group so I could just listen to say Seattle police or Seattle Fire if I wanted to.
You can also assign a different system quick key to each of the 8 sites to be able to easily select the site or sites you wish to scan. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 29

JimClark

Premium Subscriber
You can also assign a different system quick key to each of the 8 sites to be able to easily select the site or sites you wish to scan. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:
Thank you

elipoppin

Premium Subscriber
I am stuck trying to update my trunk tracker IV BCD396XT to the new system. Also trying to get mostly south King County. I have downloaded the PSERN files through ProScan linked to my RR account and checked all the King County boxes and then uploaded to my scanner.
System type "P25 Standard Trunk",
Number Tag "None"
Id Scan - "ID Scan"
Record - "Off"
Delay - 2 Sec
Moto ID Format - Decimal

When trying to receive and scanner scanning i get nothing. If I Hold and go to KC SW I get "Finding Control Channel".

Please help my with what I am doing wrong. I am very amateur at this and every few years I do this is like starting over for me.

noamlivne

I am stuck trying to update my trunk tracker IV BCD396XT to the new system. Also trying to get mostly south King County. I have downloaded the PSERN files through ProScan linked to my RR account and checked all the King County boxes and then uploaded to my scanner.
System type "P25 Standard Trunk",
Number Tag "None"
Id Scan - "ID Scan"
Record - "Off"
Delay - 2 Sec
Moto ID Format - Decimal

When trying to receive and scanner scanning i get nothing. If I Hold and go to KC SW I get "Finding Control Channel".

Please help my with what I am doing wrong. I am very amateur at this and every few years I do this is like starting over for me.
PSERN is P25 Phase2.
Your Scanner does only P25 Phase1. So you can sit on the Control Channel but you will not pick up Talk Channels unless they are of Phase1 (which is probably rare or non-existent).

A solution would be to purchase a costly scanner (Uniden 325, 436, 100);

Or to get an original rtl-sdr Blog dongle ($40) and use the DSDPLUS Fastlane software ($25) to search between active calls;

or buy a more costly dongle such as Airspy R2 and using the SDRTRUNK (free) software to cover the whole system by recording and listening to it completely.

I'm sure others will chime in.