psr 400 undo updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know how to undo the update on the psr400? the problem im having is iafter i updated it with the latest firmware sunday it slowed the scanning down to a crawl.it takes nearly a minute to scan 25 channels per bank.

fineshot1

Don't know how to do what you are requesting but, before going that route have you tried reseting the scanner's cpu or re-applying the update first? There should be a reset procedure in the manual.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What exactly is slow about the scan? How are you compairing it to the older fimware?

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
DaveIN said:
What exactly is slow about the scan? How are you compairing it to the older fimware?

ive got 0-5 banks in use at the most each one has about 45 freqs per bank it takes at least 3 minutes to scan all banks when it used to be like 20 to 30 seconds for all banks before the update of 1.3

Last edited:

Smerri

Just in case:

Check to make sure your squelch is high enough to where it won't interfere. I know when I have the CT/DC programmed in, I don't get static but it will stop my scanning. Just a heads up in case that may have slipped your mind.

As for undoing the update, sorry but I cannot help you there.

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
after messing with it some i think my problem is i cant adjust the squelch turning it either way does nothing

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
tbharper said:
after messing with it some i think my problem is i cant adjust the squelch turning it either way does nothing

During scan, when you turn the squelch all the way to the left (open) does it stop scan and let you hear anything? How about on a channel in the manual mode?

How many of your channels are using CTCSS/DCS search?

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
the problem is the squelch button is messed up if you press in on the squelch button it scans normal release it and it slows to a crawl .talked to gre support and they are going to replace it for me

DonS

tbharper said:
don do you work for gre
People at Dayton this past weekend saw me wearing a GRE shirt in the GRE booth, while wearing a badge that said "Don Starr - GRE America".

I don't work for GRE directly. I do have a "relationship" with them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.