PSR-500/600 Firmware 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

Its mentioned it won't work on the 197 version of the 600 but will it work on the 652 version of it?

I'm guessing probably not but haven't seen anything on it one way or the other.

Look at Don's sticky about firmware updates! If it doesn't mention the model number you have then DON'T USE IT!

olepops

Thank You Don S. I appreciate all you do for our hobby and helping us keep our Gre scanners in as good as shape as possible.

Scott Bean
Psr-500, Psr800, Pro 651, Pro 197, Pro 2035, Pro 62, Bc340crs, Z10 regency

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Done, I think

An update to the PSR-500 and PSR-600 has been released. This version addresses the EDACS ESK detection problem discovered while monitoring the Denver Public Safety system (it may occur on other systems but, to my knowledge, it's only been reported on this one).

A ZIP file of the updater EXEs may be obtained from:
http://www.starrsoft.com/Public/scanner/PSR-500_Family_CPU_U2.3.zip

The ZIP contains three different updaters; which one you use depends on the particular version of PSR-500/600 you have. Read the .TXT file in the ZIP.

-Don

p.s. No PRO-106/197 version at this time. I don't have permission to release those.

I believe I've done this correctly.

The screen is showing:

uP Boot Ver:F1.1
uP App1 Ver:U2.3

I hope I made this work. I've been noticing something very weird prior to this regarding EDACS in Bell County. Previous to this update, the radio would hang up on EDACS and disallow me being able to hear the talk groups. I will see if this update helps.

dorslv

Mr. DonS

Thank you for the 2.3 update really didn't why DPD was having the issue but that update sure breathed new life into my psr-500!

spaztic_typer

psr-600 update

I've made many attempts to upgrade my 600. I an getting an "invalid runtime code detected. I have the correct com port as it tells me my existing software is 1.3 and the software it is loading is 2.1. what's going wrong here?

DonS

I've made many attempts to upgrade my 600. I an getting an "invalid runtime code detected. I have the correct com port as it tells me my existing software is 1.3 and the software it is loading is 2.1. what's going wrong here?

It sounds like you're trying to install a "Canadian" firmware update into a "non-Canadian" PSR-600.

When you see that message, turn the scanner off then, while holding the PROG key down, turn the scanner back on. I suspect you'll get a version display of the form:
uP Boot Ver:F1.2
uP App Ver:CU2.1
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

If your version display looks like the above, then the problem is that your "App Ver" has a 'C' - indicating Canadian - but your "Boot Ver" does NOT have a 'C'.

trp2525

...Was the 2.3 firmware ever released for the Pro 106?...

Radio Shack was the only entity that was allowed to release firmware updates for their Radio Shack branded scanners. That was probably due to contractual arrangements between the manufacturer and Radio Shack.

I can tell you that the latest/newest CPU firmware that was publicly released by Radio Shack for the PRO-106/PRO-197 was version 2.1 and that was released in January 2012. I used to check the Radio Shack website diligently (when it still had all of the links to the firmware updates on the product pages) for any CPU firmware release past 2.1 for the PRO-106/PRO-197 and I never saw one.

AFAIK the 2.3 CPU firmware update for the GRE PSR-500/PSR-600 was only made available here on Radio Reference. The official GRE America website only goes up to CPU firmware version 2.1: GRE America Inc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.