psr 500 id search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hello, ive owned my psr 500 for less then a week now, before that i owned a bcd396t, the bcd had a "feature" called "id search", whenever you were scanning a trunked system you could press the scan button, then it would start monitoring EVERYTHING on the trunked system, not just your selected talkgroups, i havent been able to find such a feature on the psr 500 and was wondering if it existed and im missing it, or if it doesnt exist in this scanner? thanks for the help.....

ScanTheFreqs

Banned
ok thanks, i just searched the table of contents and the index of the owners manual and couldnt find anything to do with the wildcard,
does anyone know where in the manual i can start learning about this??

1 quick question though..... if i put the wildcard in scanlist 8, then store an ID i pick up, does it automatically get saved to scanlist 8? if so can that be changed?

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like the 1.2 version of the PSR-500 User Manual starts talking about WILDCARDs on page 40...

As far as a where the new talkgroups get stored - there is a setting for a scanlist where new talkgroups are stored.

spooney

It's in there. If you are viewing it on your computer, do a search for Wildcard and Acrobat will find it. As for saving new TGID's if you want to save it just press the F3 key (Stor) when it comes up. It will save it in a New object ID within that system.

DonS

ScanTheFreqs said:
1 quick question though..... if i put the wildcard in scanlist 8, then store an ID i pick up, does it automatically get saved to scanlist 8? if so can that be changed?
The newly-stored TGRP is a copy of the Wildcard TGRP. The only differences are the Alpha Tag and the TGID. It will be in the same scan list(s) as the Wildcard. There's no way to change that.

ScanTheFreqs

Banned
ok thanks, to dons response: once the wildcard finds a talkgroup, and i store it, does the wildcard keep searchign for new id's? or do i have to rename the new talkgroup first?

troymail

Silent Key
ScanTheFreqs said:
ok thanks, to dons response: once the wildcard finds a talkgroup, and i store it, does the wildcard keep searchign for new id's? or do i have to rename the new talkgroup first?

it'll make a copy of the wildcard - so the wildcard remains - so yes, it'll keep searching

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.