PSR-500 programming Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Ok my question is do you setup a Motorola Type II SmartZone the same as say a regular P25 auto. Then i noticed that a fleet button opens up what goes in there?

What goes into the trunking tables? This is not to bad but i know its needs to be accurate.

This is all for Tippicanoe and White County in Indiana.

I set it up as the motorola 800/900 put in the system frequinces, then input the talkgroups by there DEC #'s
i get alot of activity just no real sound.

Thanks for the help.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Ok my question is do you setup a Motorola Type II SmartZone the same as say a regular P25 auto. Then i noticed that a fleet button opens up what goes in there?

What goes into the trunking tables? This is not to bad but i know its needs to be accurate.

This is all for Tippicanoe and White County in Indiana.

I set it up as the motorola 800/900 put in the system frequinces, then input the talkgroups by there DEC #'s
i get alot of activity just no real sound.

Thanks for the help.

Are you monitoring Tippecanoe County Public Safety or SAFE-T? TCPS will require you to enter a band plan for the system:

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

I can't speak to the programming intricacies of the PSR-500, but I'm sure others will help clarify those points. I suspect that the Fleet configuration area is for older SmartZone I systems or even non-Motorola systems.

Last edited:

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
The Tippecanoe County Public Safety, I just put some of the talkgroups in for testing. This is all using Win500, and labeling Apha Tags accordingly.

Like i will get full signal on LPD-DISP lafayette dispatch i looks like they are talking but all is quite.

I based all my programming simialiar to how the guy on you tube put in a P25 system into the Pro-106 basically the same.

it seems easy. Then White County doesnt list much in the 800's but im picking up alot of P25 A03 or A02 digital channels. then some CTCSS.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
The Tippecanoe County Public Safety, I just put some of the talkgroups in for testing. This is all using Win500, and labeling Apha Tags accordingly.

Like i will get full signal on LPD-DISP lafayette dispatch i looks like they are talking but all is quite.

I based all my programming simialiar to how the guy on you tube put in a P25 system into the Pro-106 basically the same.

it seems easy. Then White County doesnt list much in the 800's but im picking up alot of P25 A03 or A02 digital channels. then some CTCSS.

That's all good and fine, but the behavior that you're seeing is evident that you need to program the system as a rebanded Motorola SmartZone II 800/900 system. Some programming software will do this for you if you mark/choose the rebanded option, but it is mandatory for a system like this.

In my first days of scanning, I tried using an old RS Pro scanner that couldn't do rebanding to monitor TCPS and got the same results you're seeing: the scanner reads the control channel and tries to switch over to the voice channel that was granted, but it is using the original band plan which is no longer valid for TCPS.

Please give that wiki page that I linked above in my previous post a read and follow up accordingly in your scanner's configuration.

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks alot. More reading...... How Fun......
Cant make anything Fun Simple

Maybe this will help. as to what i can change.

Attachments

• win500 .jpg
    win500 .jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Under TRUNKING TABLES select the 800MHZ rebanding option

rmaxson29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the Help. Got lots of action Now Just takes loads of reading.

This isnt that bad to program..

Thanks Again..

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.