PSR-600 and PSR-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

psinewe

Anyone want to explain the difference in these two? I am much more interested n paying $200.00 then the $400.00 plus.

Jakemcgraw

Anyone want to explain the difference in these two? I am much more interested n paying $200.00 then the $400.00 plus.
The main difference between the two is that the Psr-600 will receive digital frequency transmissions, and the Psr-400 will not as it is an analog scanner,,both do trunking and are great scanners ,and there is some feature differences..I just bought the Psr-400 and its a great scanner, I don't have digital in my area, or trunking ...But id still like to have a 600 some day,,i love feature loaded scanners, and Gre makes excellent scanners.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Dayton and Montgomery county are both analog smartnet system which the 400 will do well on. MARCS is digital so not usable with the 400.

It appears Les has only the digital military 385 systems which apparently don't have much activity. However, all my dealings over the years with SPCC Mech (pronounced spec mech) would temp me to listen in if living nearby. :lol:

Les, do ya get to listen in on the Skins during training camp?:p

Jakemcgraw

Hi, Frank..I've only lived here about 7 months now, I originally lived in Halifax Pa. most all my life, roughly 40 miles from here, until now, No i havn't heard anything on the Skins,,but i heard someone mention they havn't trained over here for some time now, rumor or not ?....Alot of RF around this area, but the Psr-400 and Psr-295 handheld I use , work very well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.