PSR-600 issues, while my PSR-500 works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooey

I have a PSR-500 and PSR-600. All of the sudden my PSR-600 is super garbled on my local trunked system, while the PSR-500 works like a charm. They are programmed the exact same. The 600 will receive maybe 5-10% of clear audio, the rest of the time its garbled or just plain deaf. The 600 picks up the local NOAA weather station however, just fine.

Any ideas?? Thank you in advance.

ScannerSK

I would search for a couple of weak conventional frequencies in the band that is experiencing troubles and then try those frequencies in both scanners to see if the signal strength is different on each scanner. It could be a loose connection or a part failing or something sitting near the PSR-600 creating interference.

I would start by comparing signal strengths on both scanners on the same frequency (preferably a conventional frequency which may provide a more stable reading).

whooey

I would search for a couple of weak conventional frequencies in the band that is experiencing troubles and then try those frequencies in both scanners to see if the signal strength is different on each scanner. It could be a loose connection or a part failing or something sitting near the PSR-600 creating interference.

I would start by comparing signal strengths on both scanners on the same frequency (preferably a conventional frequency which may provide a more stable reading).

I have tried different locations. Good idea on conv signal strength, I will try that then check back. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.