PSR-800: PSR-800 battery clock/date not holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
@Whistler_Support When Whistler did the upgrade on the certain radios to DMR and other items to it. I had no issues with radio after upgraded about a year after it the time/date clock not holding I have to enter it each time when I power it down to change batteries since I don't charge batteries in the radio. Is there a easy fix? Thanks.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Whistler Representative
There is a 470uf 6.3V Tantalium capacitor that holds the voltage up briefly when changing batteries

If you are not having battery life issues, I suspect it is no longer holding a sufficient charge to give you time when changing the batteries.
If you are having battery life issues, it could still be this capacitor as it may have become resistive.

It is located on the logic pcb opposite the Micro SD card with the component designation C401
It is polarity sensitive component so it you choose to change it, be sure to note the polarity

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Or try this first.
It takes several hours to charge the capacitor. Try removing the batteries (you don't want to charge them in the radio) and plugin the A/C wall charger to power the scanner up. Left it run for a couple hours and see if that fixes the problem.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Whistler Representative
Or try this first.
It takes several hours to charge the capacitor. Try removing the batteries (you don't want to charge them in the radio) and plugin the A/C wall charger to power the scanner up. Left it run for a couple hours and see if that fixes the problem.

While this may be true of some products, I can assure you this is not going to fix the issue the customer is having with the PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.