PSR 800 data dump question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
I"m starting to tinker with the data dump feature in the 800. My question is, does anyone know of a good way to parse through the txt file easily?

i'm looking for some sort of solution that can extract text, so if i entered in "TGID-*" or something it would extract all the TGID's and then be able to save them somehow? right now i'm just doing a 'find' and clicking a bajillion times. that lasted all of about 1 dump file...

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Fromat

If it is P25Data use this program it saves everything in CSV format. http://psredit.com/ Scroll down to Pro96Com you may need to set up a trunked system with only the control channel.

Or use Unitruniker it does P25 EDACS, Motorola Trunking You will need a system with only the control channel and one talk group like something no tin the trunked system under study. Look for directions on the net at
http://www.unitrunker.com/

Les

I"m starting to tinker with the data dump feature in the 800. My question is, does anyone know of a good way to parse through the txt file easily?

i'm looking for some sort of solution that can extract text, so if i entered in "TGID-*" or something it would extract all the TGID's and then be able to save them somehow? right now i'm just doing a 'find' and clicking a bajillion times. that lasted all of about 1 dump file...

SCPD

QRT
You definitely want to use Pro96Com or Unitrunker. Either program will extract group / radio IDs and place them in a grid with statistics like first / last seen time stamps and hit counts.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies.

are either of these programs able to decode an 'offline' file?

i tried the pro96com program and opened up a GRE log file, but not much was displayed in the tabs...i've got some more learning to do! i'm not actively scanning and decoding, i'm letting the radio create a log and looking at it later on.

mikey60

With Pro96Com, for best results on the PSR-800, you need to create a single site system with an unused talkgroup so that you can lock onto a single control channel. If the scanner switches control channels, Pro96Com can get confused.

Mike

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
sorry for my confusion...it sounds like the only way to effectively use (at least) pro96com is to actively be connected to the radio and scanning?

the data i'm trying to sift through is across 3 counties and many many agencies as i drive to and from work...doesn't seem like it'll be easy either way.

mikey60

It should be able to scan through the data files from the SD card. But still it would need to be locked onto a specific tower site, and does not decode the data that comes from a voice channel while the scanner is on those.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.