PSR-800 DSP version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
PSR 800 reset

Have you left the batteries out of it and no USB power to it for a few hours? Will that reset it?

QUOTE=jacon12;2183140]I wish I could! No, when batteries are in the scanner the screen continuously shows the boot version, there is no blank screen like you normally see when the power is off. Pressing ANY key does nothing. Either there is no firmware on the built in chip inside the scanner to roll back or the chip itself is toast.
I really liked that little scanner too... sooooo simple and easy to use. :)
Jarrell[/QUOTE]

jacon12

Dang! I wish you were close to me, I live in Colorado, so that we could get together. I've got a bit of `experience' with supposedly `messing up' both PSR-700s and PSR-800s and recovering them. (I've got a pair of each.)
I wish I did too, Halfpint... thanks for the offer. I finally gave up and sent the unit up to G&G Communications in NY state to see what he could do with it. I really believe something went terribly wrong and a critical chip was fried so there's nothing there to reset. I'll see what G&G says in a few weeks.... maybe.
Jarrell

jacon12

Have you left the batteries out of it and no USB power to it for a few hours? Will that reset it?

QUOTE=jacon12;2183140]I wish I could! No, when batteries are in the scanner the screen continuously shows the boot version, there is no blank screen like you normally see when the power is off. Pressing ANY key does nothing. Either there is no firmware on the built in chip inside the scanner to roll back or the chip itself is toast.
I really liked that little scanner too... sooooo simple and easy to use. :)
Jarrell
[/QUOTE]
I did try that, left it with no power for a day if I remember correctly Tried to let the little sucker reboot and get some memory back but it didn't work either.
It got shipped off to rehab yesterday. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Jarrell

Status
Not open for further replies.