Psr 800 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I loaded the EZ scan software on my computer. I can move around the program without any problem. When I do the firmware check I get a message that the radio is not connected and it actually is connected to the computer and radio. Am I missing some drivers and if so, how do I get them or any other ideas of what the problem is?

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Read the instructions carefully. For a firmware update you have to turn off the scanner, and pull the small end of the usb cable from the radio, leaving it still in the computer. Then you have to hold down the MENU key (NOT the on/off key) while plugging the usb cable back in. You will end up with a white screen showing the current firmware version. Only then can you download the firmware update.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I did as you directed and got a message that the radio was not connected to a port, check cables. Now what?????

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Firmware

I did as you directed and got a message that the radio was not connected to a port, check cables. Now what?????

Try a few more times, just vary the timing a little = took a few tries for me to get it to work the first time.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun

The software should be assigning the radio a drive (like E or F) like any other external device when you plug it into a USB port. If this is not happening then the software did not install or Windows is not seeing the radio. Check My Computer first and see if the drive is present. Also the radio has to be turned off when you connect to the USB port and has to remain off while you are transfering files from EZ scan to the radio. I am sorry if this is information that you are already aware of but sometimes it is the simple things we miss. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all who responded to my problem. I sent a ticket to GRE and they responded the same day. It was that the USB drivers did not get loaded when I put loaded the EZ Scan software.
Problem is now fixed. I am really impressed with the GRE support staff, answering my question/problem so quickly.
Again, thanks to all.
chuck

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The software should be assigning the radio a drive (like E or F) like any other external device when you plug it into a USB port. If this is not happening then the software did not install or Windows is not seeing the radio. Check My Computer first and see if the drive is present. Also the radio has to be turned off when you connect to the USB port and has to remain off while you are transfering files from EZ scan to the radio. I am sorry if this is information that you are already aware of but sometimes it is the simple things we miss. Good luck with it.

Just an FYI, the PSR800 is also assigned a Com port at the same time it is assigned a drive letter.
The Com port is used for all firmware type updates and the drive letter is used for the database updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.