PSR500 program software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

34Mike34

I've just about decided on the GRE PSR500 for my first digital scanner. I've never programed a scanner with software and wondering what would be good/easy software for a computer idiot.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'll leave it to the actual users of the software to recommend the 'easiest' however the big 3 for this scanner are ARC500, PSREdit500 and Win500. You can find links to these here (all in blue)

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Notice that ARC500 and Win500 have their own user manuals (also linked in that article); to me that's a plus for a newcomer.

best regards..Mike
best regards..Mike

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've just about decided on the GRE PSR500 for my first digital scanner. I've never programed a scanner with software and wondering what would be good/easy software for a computer idiot.

Maybe try doing it without software? ;) There's no better way to get to know your new radio than hands-on.

n9zas

34Mike34

Thanks. I've heard it's a major pain to program all the P25's manually. I found out this morning that a friend has the PSREdit and he said he would guide me through it. I do understand about it being better for me to learn to do it manually though. With any luck I will have the $$ by the end of the month.Thanks again ,Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.