PSR800 scanlist question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

Recently picked up a slightly used PSR800, and I'm trying to wrap my head around the scanlist setup (coming from a Uniden background so this is very different). I had created a scan list with two PD division's dispatch talkgroups. I then created a second scan list with all of the division's in the city. However if I turn off the scan list with all divisions it appears to turn off the divisions in the other scan list. Am I seeing this correctly or am I missing something?

My goal is to have a citywide scan list with all divisions, as well as other scan lists with just one or two divisions.

Any help is appreciated. I've been looking through the manual as well as reading the forums but I'm missing something here.

Thanks,

mikey60

That would depend on which scanlists those objects are a member of. Any scanable object can be a member of as many scanlists as you like. If those two divisions are in both scanlists, then turning off one scanlist should not have any effect on them. Make sure those talkgroups are members of both scanlists and you should be good to go.

Mike

Swipesy

You can have TalkGroups in as many ScanLists as you want and turn the Scanlists on or off without impacting other ScanLists providing all the TalkGroups are tied to a System. See my sample of the Cleveland System where I have TG's set to different ScanLists and Multiple ScanLists.

Also make sure that on the Advanced Features Tab of EZScan that you have all your ScanLists associated with the Scan Set you are using, i.e Scan Set 01 = Scanlists 1-200 .

John

Last edited:

kg4pbd

If I can tag another pair of questions onto this, any thoughts on the best settings for P25 simulcast systems? I've seen threads with the recommendations to turn off AGC, and reduce DSP level adapt. to 16 from 64. Also, I love the talkgroup priority option on a trunked system. Can anyone explain how it works if you have more than one talkgroup tagged as priority.

Thanks!

N8IAA

If I can tag another pair of questions onto this, any thoughts on the best settings for P25 simulcast systems? I've seen threads with the recommendations to turn off AGC, and reduce DSP level adapt. to 16 from 64. Also, I love the talkgroup priority option on a trunked system. Can anyone explain how it works if you have more than one talkgroup tagged as priority.

Thanks!

Before you change the settings, try listening to the scanner and see if it is doing what you want. If not, then try the AGC in the Off mode.
Larry

kg4pbd

Before you change the settings, try listening to the scanner and see if it is doing what you want. If not, then try the AGC in the Off mode.
Larry

I'm having the same simulcast issues I've always had with the Unidens. After just a couple of days it appears this radio does handle it better, in that it lets the modulation go a bit robotic where the Uniden's simply seem to go mute. I was hoping this radio would be one I could use at home without being tethered to a yagi like my other radios are. I'll play with the settings a bit and see if I can notice an improvement. I've already gone through my drawer full of antennas trying to find the best fit.

Driving around a bit yesterday it does seem to be noticeably better at handling this system than either my '396 or HP-1. I just happen to live in a very difficult spot for multipath distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.