• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Purchasing KPG-111D Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I recently purchased a Kenwood NX200 K2 radio, and have everything but the programming software. The site indicates that KPG-111D is the correct software but I can't find anywhere to look into purchasing the software. Can someone assist me or point me in the right direction? My cable will be here this week. Thanks

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
any Kenwood land mobile radio dealer can order it for you, some may try to give you some B.S. because they'd much rather charge you to program your radios, in which case go to another dealer.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
KPG-111DN V4.70 is the latest version. No reason at all why a Kenwood dealer shouldn't sell the latest version. If they won't sell it, walk away and find another dealer.

The software is smart enough to know where narrow band is required, and where it isn't, so programming amateur frequencies can still be done in 25KHz wide mode without any hacking. If it's a new radio, it should have a firmware somewhere in the 4.xx range, so you really do want the latest software. There are guys that sell CD's on e-Bay, but not sure of their legitimacy, or what version they are, I'd be cautious. The software requires a alpha-numeric "key" to activate, so make sure you get that, whoever you purchase it from.
A legitimate software CD will also have fpro.exe. That is the piece of software you need to do firmware upgrades to the radio. While you may never need to update firmware, it's something handy to have. Real Kenwood software will include that on the CD.

List price is $103.25, but you should be able to find it south of that.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Oh, and that same KPG-111DN will also program the following radios, just in case you ever decide to expand your fleet:
NX-200, NX-200G, NX-200S, NX-210, NX-300, NX-300G, NX-300S, NX-410, NX-411, NX-700, NX-800, NX-900, NX-901
That's VHF, UHF, 800 and 900MHz in portables and mobiles. Knock yourself out….

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have no relationship with this company other than I've done business with them in the past and never had any problems.

KPG-111DNK

Status
Not open for further replies.