Putnam County SO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the Putnam County SO alternate or C2C channel. It's used as a dispatch fairly regularly but it is not in the database. The FCC listings have about 10 possibilities. I thought I'd ask before I just load them all in an empty bank and hope to get lucky.

Justin
KK4FYS

Dozer295

I got a list of local emergency radio frequencies from the Jackson county 911 center. (I'm on the county fire dept. and Rescue Squad) On that list for Putnam County SO they have listed a frequency of 151.955 listed as Putnam SO B-8 not sure what that is used for, a frequency of 155.520 as their reserve channel, and 154.860 listed as the "jail" channel. That's just looking at my scanner in the house, I don't have the RX frequency or the pl code in front of me. Hope this helps

thassler

Putnam SO uses the following:

Primary Analog: 155.655 / TPL 151.4
TAC 2 (Replaced the B-8) 155.520 / TPL 141.3
Corrections 153.4475 / TPL 151.4 (won't be on-line until late March)

However, some of that will change. Putnam SO and EMS are fixing to go trbo next week. It will be a 3 repeater site-connect trbo system. We are re-programming radios now. If anyone is interested, I'll post the freq after all is done. The SO will only use encryption when needed - routine traffic will be un-encrypted trbo. Regional Mutual Aid frequency will be the SO's interop analog channel. There will also be a County-Wide repeater running mixed-mode trbo/analog. 155.040 TPL/88.5. SO will be using Slot 2 as a TAC 1 channel on that one.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Will fire and rescue also convert?
And the next obvius question is when the nexgen of scanners that will decode trbo will be on the maarket.

thassler

Fire and Rescue are staying analog for right now but expressing interest in Trbo.
In our area Trbo is expanding. I know of at least one other agency that will probably switch before the year is out. - I would forecast DMR scanners within a couple years If agencies don't routinely encrypt all traffic.

bowtie3jr

Is there a scanner I can buy to get Trbo. I live in Cookeville and drive a Tow truck and listen to scanner to know when I'm up next in rotation.If not what kind of radio is there for this my company has a number but we don't use radio anymore just listen to scanner.

thassler

Once we get the wrinkles ironed out of the Trbo system we will have several UHF MTR2000 units coming out of service. We've obtained several UHF licenses and may use one of those to rebroadcast the Trbo to UHF analog (except encrypted traffic of course). We will also be putting a feed here too. I know of no Trbo scanners at this time.

TRamrod38

All I can say good luck with the TRBO because everyone around my area that I know that went to it, has had nothing but problems with them, and one agency went back to there old analog system and the other has sunk so money into it that they can not go back,been almost 3 yrs. and still having communication problems with transmissions garbled. When a Dispatcher and a Officer within 2.5 miles of each other can not talk to each other without garbled transmission there is something wrong. They have had different moto techs working on this system from different areas and still can not fix it. I guess you get what you pay for.

iamhere300

All I can say good luck with the TRBO because everyone around my area that I know that went to it, has had nothing but problems with them, and one agency went back to there old analog system and the other has sunk so money into it that they can not go back,been almost 3 yrs. and still having communication problems with transmissions garbled. When a Dispatcher and a Officer within 2.5 miles of each other can not talk to each other without garbled transmission there is something wrong. They have had different moto techs working on this system from different areas and still can not fix it. I guess you get what you pay for.

That is sure different. Most all the users I have seen go to TRBO, IDAS, etc have been very happy.

thassler

Putnam SO switched over today. EMS has been trbo since yesterday. We are still working on getting our 'middle' repeater working. Our East and West site connect repeaters are up as of midnight last night. With those two repeaters, so far as we can tell, we are at near 100% county wide coverage using mobiles. We only had around 70% coverage under narrow-band analog. Audio has been ok so far but still early to tell. I'll update later if anyone is interested.....

ShotgunShells

Premium Subscriber
I figured the Putnam Co had switched. Scanner channel had been awful quiet. Too bad they didn't go to something we could listen to. Oh well still got the surrounding counties.

rma0100

Putnam SO uses the following:

Primary Analog: 155.655 / TPL 151.4
TAC 2 (Replaced the B-8) 155.520 / TPL 141.3
Corrections 153.4475 / TPL 151.4 (won't be on-line until late March)

However, some of that will change. Putnam SO and EMS are fixing to go trbo next week. It will be a 3 repeater site-connect trbo system. We are re-programming radios now. If anyone is interested, I'll post the freq after all is done. The SO will only use encryption when needed - routine traffic will be un-encrypted trbo. Regional Mutual Aid frequency will be the SO's interop analog channel. There will also be a County-Wide repeater running mixed-mode trbo/analog. 155.040 TPL/88.5. SO will be using Slot 2 as a TAC 1 channel on that one.

The SO is encryting all the time. I have checked dozens of times and my systems works perfect. A 40 digit key may be required from Motorolas labs.. That make 1 trillion possibilities.

thassler

The SO is encryting all the time. I have checked dozens of times and my systems works perfect. A 40 digit key may be required from Motorolas labs.. That make 1 trillion possibilities.

We are not encrypting except for "In Progress" calls. We have three repeaters site connected. Here's the info:

Brother Mtn:
Repeater TX: 155.655
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

Cookeville:
Repeater TX: 151.0325
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

Gentry (West Putnam Co)
Repeater TX: 155.265
Color Code 10
EMS Slot 1
Sheriff Slot 2

Our VHF interop frequencies for now will be the State/Fed VTAC/VCALL (Simplex) channels and our regional Mutual Aid repeaters (154.755 TPL 100.0) As far as bridging into any State networks we are all for it if funds are available. Problem is if funds were available we would be P25 not Trbo.

TRamrod38

Have you had any problems with your New TRBO System. 2 Law Enforcement Agencies I know have had a lot of problems with that system.

thassler

Have you had any problems with your New TRBO System. 2 Law Enforcement Agencies I know have had a lot of problems with that system.

It's really too early to tell. The problems we are having right now are due to network and infrastructure details and some programming issues on the radios. No one likes the decoded audio - period. Once the obvious bugs are worked out, we'll know a lot more in a few weeks on how it's going to do.

thassler

Did you mean Overton County SO on 155.550 ? They recently just started encrypting their Trbo system full time.

Putnam County Sheriff audio feed is now online.
I don't think EMS has their feed working on the Trbo yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.