Puzzled by lack of reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushwack

I have a Uniden BCD396XT. Located in Los Angeles, I can receive frequencies that are 30+ miles away w/ three mountain ranges and the downtown skyline between us. Yet I can't monitor PD and FD frequencies (Santa Monica or Culver City - 470.XXX and 482.XXX)) that are less then five miles away (with simple topography). Is there anything I can do (i.e. is there certain programming I can do for individual frequencies within the scanner) to increase these signals? I've gone ahead and ordered a telescopic antenna on the slim hope that will help.

Thanks for your time.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It might be multiple signals that are overpowering the scanner that are coming from various towers close by.Or it might be that those freqs are locked out on your scanner.

Last edited:

nanZor

Clark

Santa Monica PD is Encrypted. The BCD396XT will mute an Encrypted signal so you will hear nothing.
I also am in LA on the Mar Vist /Culver City border. I monitor Culver City almost contunually with perfect
results. The trunked frequencies info. is here
Interagency Communications Interoperability System (ICIS) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies.

The BCD396XT requires the correct Motorola Bandplan which is here for Culver City.
Lower/Base =480.500
Upper =485.2375
Step = 12.5
Offset = 380

If this Bandplan is not programmed correctly, the scanner will not scan Culver City.

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.