QPD2012 Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I tried to send you a PM but the system reports you do not accept them.

You edited the Glenview Public Safety Dispatch Center page I created.

The center is in both Cook and Lake Counties, with a facility and clients in each. The new title you added is incorrect, but it appears that I cannot change it. Please revert it to remove the county name as it is not correct nor needed.

Also, I removed the brackets to allow linking to other pages within the list of clients. Since none of these have pages they do not link to anything. Half the county tags were incorrect anyway.

Do you have a Style Sheet someplace that details how these are supposed to be formatted? I could not find one.

Thanks!

QDP2012

It might have been a mistake, but I relied on the Wikipedia:Glenview_Illinois article which indicates that Glenview is only in Cook County, IL, and though I searched several times, I found no reference to it being in Lake County, IL.

If it is in a single county, then the page-name is correct. If it straddles two counties, then the page name should still include the state abbreviation. Either of us can rename it, by using the "MOVE" button.

If Glenview straddles two counties in the same state, then the Wiki page name should be:
"Glenview (IL) Public Safety Dispatch" because without the (IL) in the name, it looks like a TRS page-name.

If Glenview were to straddle a state line, then the Wiki page name would be something like:
"Glenview (IL/IN) Public Safety Dispatch", which is obviously bogus, but is used as an example.

I will be glad to revert/undo the name change if you are sure that Glenview is in two counties. Let me know.

Edit: Sorry about the red-links. Removing them altogether seems like a better option.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

QDP2012

I see you got the page renamed. I updated the links on the referring pages, and blanked the old redirects.

Sorry for the mix-up!

N9JIG

Sheriff
Glenview itself is only in Cook County but the clients for the Central Dispatch system are in both Lake and Cook as I indicated in the recent edits.

I was able to figure out how to correct the name via the Move function.

BTW, I am an Admin so it appears your settings doesn't allow Admins to PM you. You might want to check those settings.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.