QSL.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Over the past few years many of us have gone to QSL.net to research many frequencies posted and maintained there by kd7rto. Gary has maintained a plethora of information about all things having to do with scanning including an explanation of trunking, talk groups, etc. Last night I was wondering about the statement by SMHeaton which I have included here:
kd7rto, I glanced at your page earlier, but am unable to get to it now. Did you take it down for some reason? I would be happy to try to help out with your questions...
So I went to the QSL.net Web site today out of curiosity and found the following message:
December 31, 2008

Dear fellow hams,

After 13 years of providing hams with no cost web space, e-mail forwarding and mailing list services through QSL.net and QTH.net, I have decided to retire. All QSL.net and QTH.net servers and Internet connections at my home QTH are being turned down.

Scott KA9FOX has graciously decided to pick up where I left off, and he is in the process of migrating all services to new hardware. See below for an update on the status of the migration.

I want to thank all of you for all of your support over the years, and I hope that you will support Scott as he takes over the reigns.

See you on the air!

73 - Al Waller, K3TKJ
<k3tkj@qsl.net>
I offer this as an explanation to anyone who may have tried to find QSL.net and I, for one, certainly hope that kd7rto's files will once again be available to us. According to additional information left on the Web site,
Original server down, User data is being transported to data center and is scheduled to arrive on Monday morning Jan 5th. I will get the sites back online ASAP after the data is received.
QSL.net has been a valuable resource for us and lets hope it will soon be available for us again. Also a big thanks to kd7rto's unselfish sharing of all his past work.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I have used QSL.net for many years to lookup callsigns.

Is there another quick and easy lookup site out there?

qlajlu

Silent Key
I have used QSL.net for many years to lookup callsigns.

Is there another quick and easy lookup site out there?
I'm not aware of one at this time, but N7YUO does have good advice.

Here is the latest progress report on QSL.com:
User web site data from old server arrived at the new data center as of Jan 5 16:30z and the data is being copied to the new server. Sites are coming up, as of Jan 6 03:00z, in alphabetic order. Access to update your site via FTP is not yet ready. Stay tuned and thanks for your continued patience.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Today's progress report.
All web site data has been moved, and the problem with some older data showing up has been resolved. We are now working on restoring FTP access. Thanks for your continued patience!

qlajlu

Silent Key
QSL.net is up

Good news. I checked QSL.net a few minutes ago and it said that all the files had been transferred and that the FTP server was up and running. I then clicked on http://www.qsl.net/kd7rto/utah/ and found all of Gary's (kd7rto) files once again accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.