• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Quansheng Quansheng UV-K5 (8) Password for CPS

wr858pete

I use CPS stock v.1.0.38 and K5prog_win V0.1,27, both on windows 10 with no issues at all.
Firmware is stock or IJV.
I have never encountered a password situation but a remark on Quansheng website says try qs12345.
the passcode thing seems to be after egz0.22 has been installed, and than going back to the stock firmware, due to the k6 not taking egz correctly and getting the pixel screen of death on power up than using cps to to program the radio i never had that issue with ijv i went back and forth with it never a issue the qs12345 passcode does not work, its one, someone else has written into their the firmware . on my first k6 that did this. before i found this thread, i contacted quanshen via a fb group they are in they unlocked my radio a via remote hook up, they told me they do not use any type of passcode for cps to work with the k5 or k6 models only higher up models that should not be unlocked by the average user, business radios etc so like say a employee cant unlock the radio, and its only on what frequencies it should be on. and was strange it was on the radio, he asked me if i had added it and forgot the code told them "no" and told him what i had done with using a modded firmware for experimentation . it took the tech about 10 mins to get it unlocked he said after using a few passcodes they use to unlock radios he said had to use a special factory code they have that will unlock any model they have for fixing either a bricked radio or some other issue it finally unlocked. and was not qs12345

merlin

Quansheng should not be locked, one of the things that make it what it is.
I think you have a strange radio or a clone. K5 and K6 are the very same radio inside.

OJCORONA

Ok, I Will try..

k5prog needs compile? I dont know do that..

Which web browser flasher do you recommend?

I know CPS is only for Settings and channel storage

OJCORONA

By the way I never installed IJV or EGZ, I used stock firmware, I have a K6 radio, windows 10, Normally I use CHIRP, but 2 weeks ago I could no longer read and write, I changed the cable thinking it was broken, then I started trying with the CPS stock And he asked me for a password

Apologies for my bad English, I hope someone can help me

wr858pete

Quansheng should not be locked, one of the things that make it what it is.
I think you have a strange radio or a clone. K5 and K6 are the very same radio inside.
there are a few k5 (8) that are doing this, the k5 is fine. there's a whole discussion on a fb group about all of sudden cps wants a passcode after egumer being loaded it flashes fine, but once you unhook the cable and reboot radio it has the pixel screen of death, so they reflash the stock quansheng firmware and bam! all of a sudden passcode needed

Daniel1996

By the way I never installed IJV or EGZ, I used stock firmware, I have a K6 radio, windows 10, Normally I use CHIRP, but 2 weeks ago I could no longer read and write, I changed the cable thinking it was broken, then I started trying with the CPS stock And he asked me for a password

Apologies for my bad English, I hope someone can help me
Just download k5prog, put radio on fw mode, flash this one that i have compiled and posted, and be free of pwd again. Those comments about radio copies or fake ones, are nonsense, they are all chinese, so they are clones of clones of clones, that doesnt really matter at the end, just flash the FW and thats it.

OJCORONA

Just download k5prog, put radio on fw mode, flash this one that i have compiled and posted, and be free of pwd again. Those comments about radio copies or fake ones, are nonsense, they are all chinese, so they are clones of clones of clones, that doesnt really matter at the end, just flash the FW and thats it.
I can't find the k5prog, Any link?? I use Windows 10