Question about Fleetnet and Uniden 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilt404

I hope its ok to post this here since I know its about the uniden but more about fleetnet that I'm wondering about. I know this scanner doesn't handle patches like my GRE PSR800 does also, but I was wondering if someone could explain what I'm seeing.

I have my scanner in Search mode, not Scan on the Essex tower for the Bell Fleetnet system Zone 1. Most of the time on my display I will get:

ID: 8272 3776

Other times it will show

ID : 3776 3776

The 3776 keeps coming up when I hear local OPP but I don't know why the TGID for Kitchener MTO Operations TGID (3776) keeps being put into the display? I don't see why something so distant would be patched in here or be on my display.

When I go to scan, I hear the same audio was in search when it shows 3776 but in scan its 8272 which is what it should be for Essex OPP. I even removed all my groups and TGIDs I had programmed in, so only the site is in. But I still get the Kitchener TGID coming up all the time.

For those in this area who monitor the same system and use the same Uniden BCD396XT, I was just wondering if maybe you could shine some light on what is going on?

woody_46

I'm seeing the same thing here on a '436 but just assumed they were patched together. Sometimes I see the same thing with an MNR TG but it's all OPP transmissions.

tilt404

I'm seeing the same thing here on a '436 but just assumed they were patched together. Sometimes I see the same thing with an MNR TG but it's all OPP transmissions.

Same here with MNR also, but it will be OPP and what I hear has nothing to do with MNR. Not sure why but glad its not just me. I will hear others like the TGID for Lambton and it will be them since I hear their location. Those are more like patches I think but this Kitchener one keeps confusing me.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
There's a few threads on this one already.

The OPP likes to split the load among dispatchers up so some of the less busy OPP dispatchers will also handle other talkgroups such as MNR and MTO.

In this area, the dispatcher handling the Caledon OPP will also handle the MNR OPS 3 talkgroup plus several GTA area MTO groups.

Since the MTO Enforcement traffic is so low, they typically patch a bunch of MTO Enforcement groups together.

tilt404

There's a few threads on this one already.

The OPP likes to split the load among dispatchers up so some of the less busy OPP dispatchers will also handle other talkgroups such as MNR and MTO.

In this area, the dispatcher handling the Caledon OPP will also handle the MNR OPS 3 talkgroup plus several GTA area MTO groups.

Since the MTO Enforcement traffic is so low, they typically patch a bunch of MTO Enforcement groups together.

Thank you also. I think I understand now. Part of my confusion was using a new scanner than I was before with less info on the display. I see how if I go into scan mode the more distant TGID will go away and it will just show Essex. So it makes sense now. When I'm in Search just shows more where the dispatch is coming from but I see now it isn't always related to the dispatch location.

Status
Not open for further replies.