BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Question about SD Card slot on 436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Is the spring action typical of a Micro SD like in a phone or tablet where you push it in and it locks? Or is it a lift up and remove? Also does the metal piece on it say “lock or unlock” on it? Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is the spring action typical of a Micro SD like in a phone or tablet where you push it in and it locks? Or is it a lift up and remove? Also does the metal piece on it say “lock or unlock” on it? Thanks
-
Click on this video for info:

scanthewaves

Thanks I just discovered another video on YouTube watching it right now, so I guess my question should have been has anyone has the slot fall apart on them? Well not fall apart, but the metal piece come out of place. I see it’s not the typical push in and lock like on phones and tablets, why did Uniden not go with what works and makes sense and not something as it says in the video”flimsy” was it a question of space?

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks I just discovered another video on YouTube watching it right now, so I guess my question should have been has anyone has the slot fall apart on them? Well not fall apart, but the metal piece come out of place. I see it’s not the typical push in and lock like on phones and tablets, why did Uniden not go with what works and makes sense and not something as it says in the video”flimsy” was it a question of space?
Forcing the clip beyond what is necessary to unlock it would probably pop it off, but as shown in the video, there's no need at all to apply that kind of force.

I have removed the cards from my BCD436HP and SDS100 (same clip) many, many times without any such problems. Some folks believe it requires much more of a heavy hand than is required, and consequently have problems. You may find it more convenient to use the eraser on a pencil to slide the clip .

scanthewaves

Forcing the clip beyond what is necessary to unlock it would probably pop it off, but as shown in the video, there's no need at all to apply that kind of force.

I have removed the cards from my BCD436HP and SDS100 (same clip) many, many times without any such problems. Some folks believe it requires much more of a heavy hand than is required, and consequently have problems. You may find it more convenient to use the eraser on a pencil to slide the clip .
Thing is till I looked closer and saw the video, I didn’t realize there was a locking mechanism, I thought it was a typical push eject SD Slot and something was wrong with it, that’s the reason for the original question, so now I know, unfortunately yesterday while trying to put the clip back I misplaced the 8 gig SD Card I had everything programmed in, I thinkI found it in a floor heating vent but couldn’t reach it so I used a claw type tool to try to retrieve it, by the time I got it all that I found was the metallic part of the card, unless that was a different card, I think the the claw may have broke it from the pressure. Anyhow I had a 32gb card not being used and at first Sentinel didn’t recognize it in the SD Adapter but I chose other all and it recognized it and formatted and luckily I had backed up my favorites in Pro Scan, so it’s all good, I’m just out 8gb card and some recordings that were on it, lesson learned keep an eye on that SD Card! By the way what’s largest SD Card it will take?

Ensnared

The way Uniden designed this sucks! This is a flimsy piece of crap. It is like a door off of the hinges. Invariably, the top part wiggles off the intended location. However, if you have the patience, it will work.

When I bought my SDS 100, I was rather annoyed to find they kept this crap design. If you don't have nimble fingers, dealing with this flimsy piece of crap is rather difficult.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I had trouble with it too until I discovered the 'trick'. When inserting the card, rotate the scanner so the holder rests against the side of the battery compartment. Then it is easy to slide the card in and flip it back over.

Status
Not open for further replies.