Question for admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

w7vss

How does one volunteer their time to help manage the database?

I've looked around the site for the answer to this question for a while now- if I missed it, I apologize.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
w7vss,

We've got a collection of volunteers were selected over the years to mantain certain sections of the database. I've got a list of folks that I'm still looking at granting access, however that has been delayed recently due to so much development work that is occuring.

We typically select admins based on their prior history of submitting information to the database and their participation on the forums and in the community. A lot of times an admin will recommend another person to be an admin since the current admins work with the overall community to make sure that the data is valid.

w7vss

blantonl said:
w7vss,

We've got a collection of volunteers were selected over the years to mantain certain sections of the database. I've got a list of folks that I'm still looking at granting access, however that has been delayed recently due to so much development work that is occuring.

We typically select admins based on their prior history of submitting information to the database and their participation on the forums and in the community. A lot of times an admin will recommend another person to be an admin since the current admins work with the overall community to make sure that the data is valid.
OK, thanks for the reply.

Radio-Freq

Help!

blantonl, I recently sent you an email about become a database admin. Please read it and reply soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.