Question re: 396XT case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I've searched the archive for an answer to no avail...

Can anyone tell me if the "knob" attached to this case can be removed?

https://www.scannermaster.com/Uniden_Soft_Leather_Case_with_Swivel_p/01-581010.htm

I'm looking for a leather case and I don't necessarily want that protrusion. I have the soft nylon case from Scannermaster (without the belt loop) and I can't believe how loose the fit is.

Thank for your time.

John

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
Uniden case

I have one of these on my 396XT and it works and looks great.
However you cannot remove the knob in the back.
Frank

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for taking the time to respond Frank.

All I want is a tight fitting case without a belt loop or clip attachment other than the Uniden case, which almost seems to be made for a different/slightly bigger radio. Just can't seem to find one.

Thank you again.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
If your Leather case is to big, you can try wrapping your radio in a layer of cellophane to keep out the water, then soak your case in Hot water, for an hour, then shake off all the excess water. Now place the radio in the case and place the unit in a sunny area. The leather should shrink around the scanner giving you a better fit. Just a thought..

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys -

RCool101 - I appreciate the description and link, but I am looking for a case that does not have a belt clip or loop. Simply (or so I thought) a case for protection. I never really carry the scanner on my belt.

TRKNTRLRMAN - The case I currently use is made of nylon and the radio swims inside! I realize I might be able to modify it in some way (I'm thinking of cutting and then re-sowing the strap that has the snap on it for a tighter fit), but I would rather have one from the factory...if possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

John

rcool101

Feed Provider
The belt loop is pretty much flat and I never use it anyway. It has a small snap on loop for the antenna

Attachments

• img_1576.jpg
    img_1576.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 606
  • img_1575.jpg
    img_1575.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 671

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
PERFECT!

Thank you so much for posting the photos. I would never have realized just HOW flat that loop was to the back of the case. This is just what I was looking for and will place my order.

Thank you and all who responded for the help and advise.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.