WS1040: Scanner Master Soft Leather Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
I got the Soft Leather scannermaster case recently RadioShack Soft Leather Case/Swivel Belt Clip | Scanner Master

I'm wondering do I need to take the belt clip off to put it inside the case? and is it safe to use the elastic bungee strap that goes around the antenna connector? I'm concerned about putting possible stress on the BNC after leaving it in there most of the time and loosening or bending it over time.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The case has its own belt clip. if it's anything like the Uniden cases they sell, you can remove the factory clip and get rid of it because the case clip is all metal and much sturdier. The elastic loop is perfectly safe, it's not going to bend or damage the antenna connector. It keeps the scanner from falling out of the case accidentally.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation

:) I wouldn't get rid of the factory clip. :)

Yeah I'm definitely not going to do that. That would be a pain if I ever used it without the case. Kinda odd that they switched it around though, although I'm greatful because I like the look of the soft leather more and it's cheaper I remember a while ago it used to be the hard leather cases that used the swivel removey clip thing.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
So I put the bungee loop on and the tension seems to be a little high. Hope that doesn't wear on the radio over time, same with these exposed metal bits inside. Otherwise though I really like this case, it looks and feels very nice.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
... and is it safe to use the elastic bungee strap that goes around the antenna connector? I'm concerned about putting possible stress on the BNC after leaving it in there most of the time and loosening or bending it over time.

One of my old Uniden scanners had exactly that occur! The solder connection from the pin on the inside of the BNC connector came loose rendering the scanner very un-reliable (aka bascially no antenna connection). I took the scanner apart and re-soldered that connection with a small piece of flexible wire so it had give instead of the hard wire connection Uniden had on it. Worked very nicely, but the moral of the story is, your correct to be concerned about that stress IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.