Question re PSR 800 Encrypted Digital Audio settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I am in Grenada County MS so I am seeing the T which by what you say above is Phase 2. I can hear everything in the regular frequencies but not these. When I first got the scanner I did hear one on the MHP that is in MSWIN but after I updated the firm ware I cannot hear anything. You think I need to get another SD card and start over completely.

The T you see on the scanner means it is receiving a trunked system. The T I was referring to is the T under the mode column in the radioreference database. I don't think I explained that well. My apologies.

If your channels, TGIDs, and everything is in your scanner as you have programmed them from the software then it is probably not a SD card issue, so I don't think replacing the card would fix the problem. And since you are hearing the regular conventional frequencies, it appears you have it programmed correctly.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you downloaded all the TGID and sites. Does that mean you downloaded everything from the DB? All the TGIDs and sites? Or just the sites near you (say Grenada & surrounding areas) and the TGIDs you want to listen to?

fire701

Feed Provider
I downloaded the complete database and all the towers on that system. Then I went in and put in the local agencies.I had to place the local PD and SO TGID's because they are not in the Data Base.

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the complete database and all the towers on that system. Then I went in and put in the local agencies.I had to place the local PD and SO TGID's because they are not in the Data Base.

That may explain a lot. Since there are over 100 sites statewide, it is taking the scanner a very long time to scan each of those sites (1-3 seconds on each site). That could be why you aren't getting transmissions from your area. Basically you are scanning every site in the state, even those you are not going to pick up because you are nowhere close.
Narrow the site list down to just those in your general area, and that should help. Probably your county and maybe the surrounding counties. The less sites, the more local transmissions you will pick up.

As far as the talkgroups not listed, do you know that you can submit those TG to be entered into the system so it will be in the database?

fire701

Feed Provider
I will delete all the other sites and just leave the two Grenada & Grenada Lake Towers and see if this helps. But it is stopping on each TGID's(Grenada PD Dispatch) it makes just makes a clicking sound. The BCD536 is picking up the sound so I know it has sound.
Thanks
fire701

fire701

Feed Provider
I have went and cut out all the towers except the local ones. It will stop on the channel but no sound just a popping noise. I check my firm ware CPU Firmware and DSP Firmware one is 1.3 and the other is 1.8.
That is all I know to do.
Any more suggestions.
fire701

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
The firmware is correct and the latest version. The popping noise is interesting...never heard that before on any of the systems I monitor. I'm at a loss as what to do next. You may try asking in the Mississippi forum and seeing if someone closer to you might be able to help. If I was closer I might be able to help more as far as your particular system. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.