Question Regarding PSCS Manitoba and P25 System

Hemi204

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys I have a question...this new P25 stuff is confusing for an old man that understood FleetNet quite well...

I'm out in the Whiteshell most of the time and I lose any comm's from the Airport even though it shows I have a signal...
Does P25 not work like FleetNet and piggy back off other towers? I don't really understand P25 Standard vs One Channel - The different band plans...do I choose one ?

I'm using a BCD396XT - If anyone has a FreeScan system file made they could post or take a screenshot of your system I would really appreciate it.
I probably set it up wrong.

Thank guys

ryan433pk

The users would need to be on the site you are decoding in order to hear the airport TGs.

If you use a program like DSDplus you can see which users are operating in your area even with encryption.

BC_Scan

I'm using a BCD396XT
This won't decode Phase 2 which is what It is Manitoba PCSC has switched to in the 700 MHz band. You would need to upgrade to a BCD 436HP or consider a SDR dongle (steep learning curve) but videos all over that show you exactly what you need to do.
You don't have to worry about the minutiae with a scanner. It will figure out the demodulation in order to hear.
I doubt you can hear CWYG from Whiteshell, and I doubt they would put airport t/g's all the way to that tower as its well outside of the intended range.
First consider upgrading scanner then go from there.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
Hey guys I have a question...this new P25 stuff is confusing for an old man that understood FleetNet quite well...

I'm out in the Whiteshell most of the time and I lose any comm's from the Airport even though it shows I have a signal...
Does P25 not work like FleetNet and piggy back off other towers? I don't really understand P25 Standard vs One Channel - The different band plans...do I choose one ?

I'm using a BCD396XT - If anyone has a FreeScan system file made they could post or take a screenshot of your system I would really appreciate it.
I probably set it up wrong.

Thank guys
If you are outside of the sites that the airport talkgroups are affiliated to, and there are no radios affiliated to the airport talkgroups on your local site you are listening to, you will not hear the airport talkgroups.