Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just from my own perspective, if it were me, I'd ask whether you had done any legwork ahead of time. Did you check the database here? Do you have a callsign or other identifying information with which you can use the FCC Query tools, which are also available on the database page? Did you use the search tool (upper right corner of the screen)? Did you search the forum using the search tools to see if it had been previously reported? Did you look in our wiki in the collaboration page for your county?

The database can be found linked in the blue toolbar, upper left under the site logo.

The wiki can be accessed via the wiki link in the blue toolbar, upper right under the Scanner Master ad. Float your mouse over that, then select collaboration. Select Pennsylvania in the list of states, then see if something exists for your county in the county lists page, which most states have (not every county in every state is here...only those counties that had a file or external link in the database)

If you come up empty, then I'd ask.

While that might sound a tad intimidating, it's not meant to be. It is meant to show what is meant by doing your legwork up front. Nothing more 73 Mike

KB3EIF

Premium Subscriber
I can't find a license for Youngstown Iron & Metal in Youngstown, OH. They use radios for operations. I am thinking probably UHF.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go to the Ohio forum and ask. You could also use the FCC tools in the database page to search for that entity name.

73 Mike

nd5y

If you can't find a FCC license by doing what was already suggested, it may be because the license is under a different name (parent company or owner's name) or they are leasing radios on a SMR or trunked system.

ddoorman

To: KB3EIF

If all of the above suggestions have provided no information, have you conducted a freq search using your scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.