Questions For Reecom Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynaco

1. Reecom’s model R-1630 and R-1650 weather radios specify that there are 16 volume levels for the siren and 16 levels for the voice. I just want to confirm that they work independently of each other, e.g., you can set the siren level to 01 and the voice level to 05 so that the siren is at a very low volume so as not to scare you or your pets but the voice is at a comfortable listening level in the same room should there be an alert.

I have read the on-line directions and I do understand that if you set the siren volume to mute or 00 the siren for the warning will be same as the voice volume. I just want to confirm that is not the case if you set the siren volume to 01 and the voice level to a higher level. I would like the siren level to remain at 01 regardless of the type of warning and the voice level setting. Is that the way it works?

2. How would you rate the loudness of the siren at level 01?

3. Does the siren use the same speaker as the voice announcements or is it a separate transducer or speaker?

4. Does anyone have a valid email address for Reecom? I have tried both addresses on their web page (sales@reecominc.com & reecom-sales@hotmail.com) several times with no response. I hope their radios are better than their customer support.

Tryton

I have the R-1630, and LOVE it, Yes the alert and radio volume are independent. its very loud. It is the same speaker.

dynaco

I have the R-1630, and LOVE it, Yes the alert and radio volume are independent. its very loud. It is the same speaker.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I take it by very loud you mean the alarm and I hope that since there are 16 levels that you can set it at the lowest of 01 and have it a very normal and reasonable listening level.

Tsch6373

The siren and voice are independent of one another and each can be set how you want it. I have the radio without the am/fm radio since I also listen to a scanner when weather gets interesting.

W1JJP

Premium Subscriber
I am a light sleeper and keep mine in a different room in my house. I have it on 3 and it is able to wake me up when something is coming. It also escalates too, so it gets louder.

Tiger-Heli

1 - The volume and alarm volume are NOT independent on the R-1650 that I just purchased - they probably were in 2011. I have another thread on the subject: http://forums.radioreference.com/se...5416-reecom-r-1650-website-discrepancies.html

2. At volume 1, it is about the same volume as a standard alarm clock (if that helps). It does get progressively louder also. I have it at volume 1 with a single layer of scotch tape over the speaker opening and that is acceptable to me with it in the same room.

3. Same speaker, but you can plug a M/M cable into the audio out jack if you want to temporarily silence it.

4. They never responded to my E-mails.

Last edited:

Tiger-Heli

Update - looks like it is the other way around. The unit that I just purchased was an R-1650 sold from 2002 to 2005.

The current model is an R-1650C and should work as mentioned above.

Unfortunately, the only way I know to tell which model you might end up with is if the seller happens to post the cover page of the owner's manual in the listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.