• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Quick Call II Tones XTS 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

How do I add fire pager tones using quick call to a personality? WHat setting do I need enabled and so on. I have one ch I want fire tones on. Its five tones. I want the radio to alert me when it goes off for that tone. Basically what a fire pager does. XTS 2500I

Thanks

Devilz311

It depends on how your tones are set up. You can only decode a maximum of 3 sets of two-tone pages (if they use a common tone).

Basically, the only options for decoding are as follows:

AB
AB/AC
AB/CB
AB/Long B
AB/Long C
AB/AC/Long C
AB/Long B/Long C
AB/AC/Long B/Long C
AB/AD/CD
AB/CD

If each one of your tones are different, you can only have two sets in one system/personality.

Under Conventional>QCII>QCII System; chose the format, enter the tone sets.

Under Conventional>Conv. Personality; select the correct personality, and ensure QCII and the correct system is selected under the signaling tab. Under the QCII tab of the personality window, ensure "selective call decode" is checked.
"and" unmuting will only unmute the radio when the tones are dropped
"or" unmuting will allow you to hear everything.

idle00955

Quick question. Under QCII tab of the personality window on the bottom there is a quick call II call id list. what is that for?

Also can I set the alert tone?

Last edited:

Devilz311

You can't set the alert tone for the XTS models, it's just a quick "beep beep."

The QC ID list sets which list to encode QCII calls from. In order to send the tones from your radio, the "encode" items should be checked in the QCII tab of the personality window.

idle00955

So basically all I want is to use the fire tones for two towns and thats all. So I followed your method and I should be good correct? I didnt do anything with the QC ID list. I dont want to tramit anything. Just recieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.