BCD396T/BC996T: Quick Keys-Arc XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

REILE

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the freqs into my scanner however I am having a difficult time setting up the quick keys. I am using ARC xt software. I have a group name and I entered a quick key from the settings menu on my pc, but when i turn the scanner on it just does a search id function.

Any help would be appreciated

teufler

I have the 396xt, use Butel Arc xt and Freescan. When you first get scanner, Freescan is easier to set up. Changing from search id to scan id is much easier, at least to me it was. Many times I read and make changes in Freescan, save to the radio, then read the radio with ArcXT for some changes. Programs are similar though ARCXT has more "sizzle" Freescan is good, "meat and potatoes" but ArcXT has more sizzle. Graphics look alittle better. FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software
On the left is the download tab, the Freescan set is the zip file listed, 2.18

teufler

OK, witrh ARC xt, click , on the left window the system name, the right widow comes up, with tabs for
General and trunkl system parameters. Click Trunk System Parameters, first setting you see is id scan and id search. Save file and send to scanner

teufler

Well I learned something about ARCXT in that I didn't know how to make these changes. Its kind of hidden, in Freescan its out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.