R30 R30 replacement?

wanghe0477

我昨天打电话给Icom老人,他说要耐心等待。我认为由于二手市场的需求/价格,将会有一个后续的手持接收器,但我不确定他们会做出哪些改变或添加功能。(对于那些会哀叹的人...Icom 不会添加 DMR)

我很幸运,以 30 美元的价格购买了我的 R400。与其他宽带手持式接收器和收发器相比,它确实是一款灵敏度和选择性的出色接收器。凭借其可调节的增益,它与无源天线配合使用效果很好。无论如何,您希望后续模型拥有约翰尼的哪些新功能?
暗示icom将引入R30的继任者,例如R40?这是个好消息:D

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
They‘re just quoting my earlier post and like my suggestion of a new model, possibly named R40.

It would be weird for Icom not to build a successor. The units sold out. Anyways, I prefer a BNC connector, but understand why they went with SMA. It’s easy enough for me to use an adapter.

bearcatrp

Yeah but icoms reason for scrapping the R30 early was shortage of processors. They are sticking money in this new one coming out. That will take resources. If the do make a better R30, don’t expect it for a few years.

palmerjrusa

Yeah but icoms reason for scrapping the R30 early was shortage of processors. They are sticking money in this new one coming out. That will take resources. If the do make a better R30, don’t expect it for a few years.

I expect an announcement within a year or so.

Looking forward to the IC-R15 being launched...

N4DJC

Premium Subscriber
I expect an announcement within a year or so.

Looking forward to the IC-R15 being launched...

Ray Novak didn’t mention it at Hamfair. Maybe they’re taking the Yaesu approach and have no knowledge until it’s shipping 😊

eagle2046

Premium Subscriber
I still have an R20 I ordered from Japan about 7 years ago ( unblocked ) still works great, have the ARC R20 software for it.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I still have an R20 I ordered from Japan about 7 years ago ( unblocked ) still works great, have the ARC R20 software for it.
I bought an R20 in 2007 from AES in Las Vegas, NV.

It's been overtaken by the R30, but it's a nice-looking radio and it still does a great job with analog signals.

palmerjrusa

I bought an R20 in 2007 from AES in Las Vegas, NV.

It's been overtaken by the R30, but it's a nice-looking radio and it still does a great job with analog signals.

With all this talk about the IC-R20, feel the need to get my IC-R3 back out and play around with it.

Another neat little Icom wideband receiver.

FKimble

I don't have an R30 but the comment about why they are ceasing manufacturing:Due to manufacturing difficulties ICOM Has halted production of the IC-R30. This tells me that future repair may be seriously impaired. Sounds like a critical part, someone mentioned the processor, may now be unavailable.

Frank

palmerjrusa

I don't have an R30 but the comment about why they are ceasing manufacturing:Due to manufacturing difficulties ICOM Has halted production of the IC-R30. This tells me that future repair may be seriously impaired. Sounds like a critical part, someone mentioned the processor, may now be unavailable.

Frank

Icom likely has a decent stock of spare parts on hand to repair units.