R8600 R8600 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Got home tonight and turned on my 86 and noticed the display is going out. Dim with some of the straight lines in the 4s 5s 7s are out. The bottom of 2s as well, all three prongs of the 3s. Egads. Phone call to Icom tomorrow, I am not looking forward to that. Someone else posted a display problem recently and I can't remember if they had the same symptoms or not and what they had to go thru with Icom for repairs. Ugh

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Batdude noted a screen reset in a post about his R8600, but his display issue was different.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
you should try this -- please report if it works. If you didn't see in the other thread, my LCD module was bad and replaced by Icom under warranty.

1603751866461.png

majoco

Stirrer
Hope your display is not going in the same direction as many Yaesu VR5000's have done. Makes a fine receiver useless as no longer supported by the manufacturer.

LCD display 1 sml.jpg

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Thanks there batdude and other replies - nothing worked over the phone with iCom tech support, so I was instructed to send it in for repairs. He ticked off a list of things it could be and I believe LCD module was one of them. Just waiting till after the elections/riots before I approach my local USPS just to see if there are any disruptions of service that could affect my shipment. This was also recommended by the iCom tech, who pointed out to me that the closest Repair Center (for me) would be north of me in St. Joe, Michigan, and from my QTH the package will have to go thru Toledo and Detroit so it might be a good idea to see what happens in the next week or so. Should be an interesting week.

Status
Not open for further replies.