• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Racal , again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Everything. I sent them a T25 and MBITR battery, both weak but working. They hacked them up, glued them back together crooked and the T25 would not charge. I suspect they shorted out the internal circuit boards or hooked a cell up backwards. I wish I could remember the name of the company so nobody else makes the same mistake.

Well that sucks. I wish there was a reliable way to open them without damage so I sort of feel their pain there in that aspect.

BTW, on a different note a while back I came across a metal 6.8 MBITR 2 battery. It's pretty neat. The cost had to be horrendous.

panserv

I might have a charger to sell. I'll check.
Ok, let me know what you have . old batteries etc.Which type of charger have you ?
I saw this on ebay, not sure if both are for the PRC6894.
One has "High capacity " on it and is meant for Li ion. Maybe this is the more recent battery meant for the x3 18650 pack mentioned above.
Not sure about the others.

Then there is this other type, maybe its for the older non li ion pack:

mancow

Database Admin
Ok, let me know what you have . old batteries etc.Which type of charger have you ?
I saw this on ebay, not sure if both are for the PRC6894.
One has "High capacity " on it and is meant for Li ion. Maybe this is the more recent battery meant for the x3 18650 pack mentioned above.
Not sure about the others.

Then there is this other type, maybe its for the older non li ion pack:
Any of those would work.

mancow

Database Admin
I have a slant Racal charger. The internal mounts are broken so the top lid doesn't stay on but it works and could be glued I'm sure. Send me a message for more info if interested.

panserv

I think he said he measured 8 volts not negative 8 volts.

The battery talks bi-directionally to the radio. It reads the voltage and power capacity remaining. It is read out at power up and and every minute after that and after every transmit session. The chargers also talk to the batteries via the same bus via bottom contacts. Chargers are all over ebay. I threw several in the trash not long ago.

Do some reading here if inclined. I can't guarantee it's the exact same part without looking again but it should be similar enough to get you most the details you might be interested in.

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq2050.pdf

LOL Unitrode, reminds me of Office Space but I think that was Initrode some went to work at after the fire.

View attachment 83627
Which end is bottom ?

(want to know which end I'll attack )

mancow

Database Admin
I think I have a rebuild diagram. I'll look when I get home. You don't cut the bottom, just try separating around the top edge. Check the pic I posted again. See the epoxy? The main battery housing is like a cup and the batteries and top part slide in and spring contact the bottom pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.