Radio can't "talk" to the hot spot.

sterryo1

Couple more dumb questions from the DMR newbie...
I am in a different location for a while and I have set up a second hotspot. All is good with it, it's receiving from the talk groups and I can get to the parrot servers from my HT with the current off sets. My questions are this:
1. after a short time of receiving on my HT, it stops broadcasting through the radio, but I see contacts coming in via the hotspot display and the dashboard. Why is my radio "dropping" transmissions from the radio? Am I missing setting? This doesn't happen with my first hotspot, or maybe it does and I'm just not noticing.
2. Can the Rx & Tx offsets be different values? Should they be relatively close, say -1275 and -1200 or could they potentially be far apart say something like -1275 and 0? Is it possible I did not configure my offsets correctly like a silly goose?

Thx in advance.

Mudary

Unless I am missing it, it looks like encryption is off. The encryption type only offers me two options and neither one is an off feature.

View attachment 161670

Regarding the color code and time slot 3 and 2 respectively are what my hot spot is set to. Forgive me if this a dumb question, but don't the channel setting and hot spot CC & TS have to match?
Radio ID should be just numbers 31xxxxxx
Mudary

dickie757

Wired
I apologize I was referring to DMR ID, not an alias.
Right. What you see in the screenshot instead of a radioid.net assigned ID is a plain language identifier known as an alias. That radio can have many IDs loaded into it at the same time. So, instead of having to memorize what each ID means, you give it an alias.