Radio Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Hello everybody , if anybody can help me out with this I would appreciate it a lot. I am trying to find a radio transceiver that can be programmed with Calgary Digital Radio system, I went to NFT communications and ray said he has no radios that can monitor that system on a radio (not scanner)

I am wondering if any more experts about this can help me out and let me know if there is a digital or Trunked radio that can be programmed to monitor the Calgary Digital Radio system ?

Any help would be great !

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Hello everybody , if anybody can help me out with this I would appreciate it a lot. I am trying to find a radio transceiver that can be programmed with Calgary Digital Radio system, I went to NFT communications and ray said he has no radios that can monitor that system on a radio (not scanner)

I am wondering if any more experts about this can help me out and let me know if there is a digital or Trunked radio that can be programmed to monitor the Calgary Digital Radio system ?

My answer isn't what you want to hear, but it's going to save you a lot of grief and heartache right now.

Buy a scanner.

And with that, let the flamewar begin.

VE6E0

Only one question.

WHY????

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Only one question.

WHY????

The same reason why I got into hacking radios twelve years ago.

Because it's a lot cooler to haul around a two-way radio than a scanner.

Duh.

The difference is, it's a whole new ballgame today. The days of programming in smartzone sites as single zone, disabling affiliation on transmit and using MTSX LAB to assign the PTT to turn the display light off and on and using certain 'tools' to get around that whole pesky system key thing are long gone. Not only is it a lot easier to get caught these days, it's a lot easier to end up with a bricked radio.

Look man... the mere fact you walked into a radio shop and said "Howdy! One two-way radio capable of accessing the Calgary Police Radio System, if you please!" kinda leads me to believe you aren't really aware of the gravity of what you're trying to accomplish.

Like I said... this is going to be the kindest and most helpful reply you're gonna get in this thread: go buy a scanner. Seriously.

Last edited:

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
You already have a scanner capable of listening to this system. There really is no need for a transceiver. Wait until you become an EMT, EMR, etc.. Others have said it here already.
You can read these threads for more reasons not to, and there are a lot more threads as well:
http://forums.radioreference.com/budget-entry-level-transceivers/287669-cant-get-radio-workin.html
and in particular:
http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/287562-programming-radio-receive-only.html
With a good look at post #4 from Westernradio. Then if you still have questions why not, phone and discuss with IC. A google search will show you:
Southern Alberta District Office
Room 400
639 Fifth Avenue S.W.
Calgary AB T2P 0M9
Telephone: 1-800-267-9401
Fax: 403-292-4295
Email: spectrum.calgary@ic.gc.ca

Last edited:

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Noodlebot made my head hurt.

You already have a scanner capable of listening to this system. There really is no need for a transceiver. Wait until you become an EMT, EMR, etc.. Others have said it here already.
You can read these threads for more reasons not to, and there are a lot more threads as well:
http://forums.radioreference.com/budget-entry-level-transceivers/287669-cant-get-radio-workin.html
and in particular:
http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/287562-programming-radio-receive-only.html
With a good look at post #4 from Westernradio. Then if you still have questions why not, phone and discuss with IC. A google search will show you:
Southern Alberta District Office
Room 400
639 Fifth Avenue S.W.
Calgary AB T2P 0M9
Telephone: 1-800-267-9401
Fax: 403-292-4295
Email: spectrum.calgary@ic.gc.ca

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I guess I should have told him to read all postings in that thread except from Noodlebot.

VE6E0

Wow. Noodlebot made my head hurt.

You are not the only one.

Love the bit about the bug out bag, used for camping and bringing along his firearm when he is in the great wilderness of York Region. Must be a long bug out bag....

At least he didn't use terms like 'wheels up' or 'boots on the ground'

Cheers to all, after all it is Friday....

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Love the bit about the bug out bag, used for camping and bringing along his firearm when he is in the great wilderness of York Region. Must be a long bug out bag....

Some of the terms noodle to used made me picture dope dealer, like thinking that them knowing his location after listening for a few minutes when needed... Too many red flags came up with that fellow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber

If you're gonna be fool enough to take on the Holland Marsh at night, you best come correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.