Radio id's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempting78

Feed Provider
I'm loving my pro -106 but what are radio is for starred seeing them on my screen never used these before

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
The Radio IDs is the actual ID number of the radio transmitting at the time you see it. Each radio (mobile, portable & dispatch console) has a unique ID number and that is what you are seeing. This is used for various reasons: such as when a "emergency" button is pressed, the dispatcher knows exactly which officer hit the button, or if a radio is stolen, it can be "bricked" or disabled; and the radios can be numbered according to what agency is using the system (City, County, State, EMS, Fire, Police, Sheriff, etc.)

The following link explains the numbering a little better for the Michigan MPSCS system to give you an idea how it is numbered according to zone:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/inde...fety_Communications_System_Radio_ID_Structure

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Ahh thank you never used this feature before

I use it sometimes when I am trying to ID a new talkgroup I find on my 106. I can narrow the ID down by looking at the radio IDs and figure out who's using the TGID once you have an idea which agency is using which range of RID.

tempting78

Feed Provider
Guess I just found a new project I am Also monitoring ltr for the first time as well

tempting78

Feed Provider
dasuryna.jpg

tempting78

Feed Provider
Got a great list started how do I submit also confused on how to use pro96com decoder

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Got a great list started how do I submit also confused on how to use pro96com decoder

There is no way to "Submit" the Ids like you do frequency/talkgroup changes. A couple of posts above, there is a link posted by ka3jjz that links to the RIDs page where you can edit the Wiki listing and add them there.

What exactly are you wanting to know about PRO96? I am by no means an expert on it, but I might be able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.