• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio Patch with an XPR 7550e

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio9140

Hello All!

I currently use my personal XPR 7550e at my job. We recently transitioned from Analog Conventional to Digital Conventional. We have a phone patch number that allows our clients to contact our staff via their cell phones. On our old analog system, I would hold the PTT and press "*" to answer and "#" to hang up. Since we made the switch to digital, I can answer by keying the PTT and then speaking. However, when I press the home/back button to hang up, it shows "Ending Phone Call" but it does not actually hang up. Our system administrator recommended that I assign a button as "Phone Exit" to any of the programmable buttons. I have the 3-year CPS subscription through MOL and utilize CPS 2.0. It however, does not give the option of "Phone Exit" in the programmable buttons menu. I have confirmed that the gateway ID as well as the Access/Deaccess codes are both correct. I'm wondering if a firmware update is needed (I currently am running R02.06.05.0002) as well as a codeplug update (currently using 10.05.06) or if there is something else I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Zach

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Per CPS:

Phone Exit Allows the user to terminate a phone call (applicable to Non-Display or Numeric Display model, Digital mode only).

radio9140

I've tried pressing "#" to disconnect along with the PTT at the same time with no luck. Our building radios are programmed to hang up the phone patch call by pressing the home/back button. I have looked at the codeplugs for our building radios to confirm my access/deaccess codes are the same and I noticed none of the buttons on the building radios are programmed to exit a phone patch call. Not sure if a firmware update may have something to do with it or not as there isn't a way to program the home/back button to do anything other than its factory function.

Firebuff880

@radio9140

Can you describe the back end of this ? Are you using the Motorola Telephone Patch in the repeaters ? How are you trunking the calls to the radio system ? Asterisk with PSTN or SIP trunking maybe ?

I ask because I did a similar project for a resort back in 2014/2015 and subscriber hang up was a major pain, until we stumbled on the fact that we had no "called cut off on disconnect or CPC signal" available in our connections for the PBX we had dial tone signal from. In this case we saw exactly what you are describing.

----
Firmware R02.06.05.0002 is really really old, I would recommend you upgrade to 2.09.001 even though current is now R2.10.009
HKVN4049A - Digital Telephone Interconnect - XPR Repeater

radio9140

I know we use the Motorola Phone Patch in the repeaters since certain radios have the phone system(patch) programmed on the main channel and can answer the call by pressing the PTT. As far as the phone connection to them, I would have to find out. I have tried to find the firmware update on MOL but was unable to find R2.09 or 2.10 listed on their site.

Firebuff880

@radio9140

Either way, your disconnect issue is more likely related to how you get the dial tone / call to the back of the repeater than what firmware you have running in your subscribers and/or repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.