Radio Reference Link Error

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I do not see that behavior unfortunately. The second link you posted should create a dropdown, where you can click "My Account"

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When I go to that page and click my icon, that clearly indicates I am logged in, it freezes, becomes unresponsive, then finally takes me to the account page.

1676392118467.png

belvdr

I'm using Firefox on Windows 11, and am not experiencing any issues, including freezes. You may consider clearing your cache to see if that helps.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
When I go to that page and click my icon, that clearly indicates I am logged in, it freezes, becomes unresponsive, then finally takes me to the account page.
Yes, the page is slow loading, but I believe the issue the OP has is not the database page, but clicking on your account icon in the top right corner, it does not take you to your info it sends you to a 404 page.

I'm using Firefox on Windows 11, and am not experiencing any issues, including freezes. You may consider clearing your cache to see if that helps.
I'm using Firefox as well and experienced the same issue as OP, when I click on my account icon top right it sends me to a 404 page.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-14 11.44.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-14 11.44.31.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2023-02-14 11.45.32.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-14 11.45.32.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 1

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
On that db page, if you hover your mouse over either the mail envelope icon, or the user icon, 1676392947487.png

and observe the lower left corner, it displays a link that contains 2 // between sid and db. 1676392890291.png

If you mouse over the text My account, 1676393015723.png

it displays the correct link to the account page. 1676393096355.png

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
You guys probably have all kinds of plugins and security software etc that is interfering with something.

It's always the most advanced users (radio guys) who flush out the craziest bugs and issues because they constantly are switching browsers and plugins and operating systems and generally doing stuff that 99% of the rest of the world isn't messing around with. 😉

99% of the time I'll dig into one of these issues and we'll eventually flush out that someone installed some obscure security plugin, enabled some deep options to block some obscure component because they just felt like it or it looked cool, and boom we have a weird edge case situation. "Why did you enable that feature?" "Oh I don't know it looked cool"

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's also not specific to that one db page. It also does it at the database home page @

You guys probably have all kinds of plugins and security software etc that is interfering with something.

Using basic chrome on a win 10 pc without anything special or fancy. Still displays a double forward slash after sid.
1676392890291-png.136389

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
1676393926313.png

When I click the envelope on that database page, I get a popup that tells me if I have any messages:

1676393868046.png

When I click my user icon, and then "my account", it takes me to my account page. Using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It's also not specific to that one db page. It also does it at the database home page @

Using basic chrome on a win 10 pc without anything special or fancy. Still displays a double forward slash after sid.
1676392890291-png.136389

The fix as @dave3825 pointed out, is do not click on it, just place mouse over it and additional selections appear. However, it still doesn't appear for me. And, as with OP I'm not running any add-ons in my browser.

Seems to be working properly now, check it out @hruskacha

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When I click the envelope on that database page, I get a popup that tells me if I have any messages:

When I click my user icon, it takes me to my account page. Using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

That's because it seems to be fixed now as none of the behavior reported is happening now, for me anyway.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The fix as @dave3825 pointed out, is do not click on it, just place mouse over it and additional selections appear. However, it still doesn't appear for me. And, as with OP I'm not running any add-ons in my browser.
Hmmmm... When I hover on either of those 2 icons, nothing happens (no dropdowns). When I click on the icons, they act correctly as described in my previous post.

belvdr

Hmmmm... When I hover on either of those 2 icons, nothing happens (no dropdowns). When I click on the icons, they act correctly as described in my previous post.
Same here.

belvdr

1676392890291-png.136389
Double slash won't affect anything. Visually, it looks weird though. Another example where I forced multiple slashes is a DDG search:

radioreference at DuckDuckGo

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Welll, I just had to click that first link, https://www.radioreference.com/db/sid/100 and the page loaded fine. As soon as I tapped the profile icon, the browser froze that page, and remained unresponsive.
Opera browser on a Samsung / android tablet with no plug ins or add ons.
So there . :)

Many of the statewide databases are fairly resource intensive and you need to give them several minutes to load before you are able to do anything else. It DOES NOT mean it isn't working, it means it is slow. I just tried it and it worked fine.

HPTQRPM

The page loaded fine for me--it took 10-15 seconds to complete, but then it was responsive, and I could scroll the page and click links. It was only when clicking the profile button that the page then froze.