Radio Shack Pro 197 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman22360

Using a Radio Shack Pro 197 for monitoring the South Dakota State Digital system and am having problems where there will be a talkgroup it will stop on but there will be no audio. I know there is audio because I have a Radio Shack Pro 96, and that one receives just fine. Wondering if someone has a win500 file that I could get and compare with how I have mine programmed? I am monitoring the Watertown, Summit, Toronto towers. TIA

KC0LOE

Do you have the system type and trunking table correct for the state system? I took a screen shot on how mine is set up. The system type needs to be set at MOT VHF/UHF, then trunking table set to custom. Click on trunking table and make sure it is set like the screen shot. My scanner is a base, so I have my multi-site mode set to stationary, and check the control channel at every pass. Your system freqs. will be your control and alt. control channels only for the tower/towers you want to monitor. I monitor 4. Check the database for the control channels, sometimes they change. I know Turkey Ridge changed theirs a few years back.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 213

Chevyman22360

I might be missing something, uploading my screenshot of my programming. The scanner will still stop, but will be no audio. Seems like it happens only to certain talkgroups. Roberts County Law, Webster INT. Grant County Law. The Pro 96 it will come through every time. All hooked up to an external outdoor antenna. All towers come through at 99%.

Attachments

• 2017-12-04 (6).jpg
    2017-12-04 (6).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 116
  • 2017-12-04 (7).jpg
    2017-12-04 (7).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

KC0LOE

Try unclicking the nfm box in the system list. Mine is not checked after looking at mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.