Radio Shack Pro 91 trunked system

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Okay I'm now looking at the Whistler WS 1010wa would that one work. I'm looking at the Walmart app and it's not giving me much information on it it's like $79.83
That is an analog only handheld scanner. It cannot handle any trunk system at all, not even a non-rebanded analog system that your Pro-91 can deal with.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For this system, in your county, your Pro-91 can only monitor the Chesterfield County site. The other two sites on that system, Henrico & Richmond, would need a scanner capable of monitoring rebanded systems; the Pro-91 cannot. As already noted above by Whisky3, many of the talkgroups used in your county are digital, shown by the D in the mode column. Also, a number of them also show to be encrypted (labeled as DE in the mode column). Your 91 cannot receive anything digital, and no scanner can receive encrypted talkgroups.

Your Pro-91 (or the Whistler scanner you mentioned) can receive most of the conventional (non-trunked) channels in your county, other than a few that are shown as digital, as indicated by the P25 shown in the Mode column, as well as listing a NAC in the Mode column for the conventional frequencies.

Last edited:

JethrowJohnson

I would invest in a Uniden Bearcat SDS100. That's the only portable simulcast scanner and a lot of the systems in your area use simulcast.

Mongerbl82

Okay I have another question here I have a Magic Stick TV digital antenna I'm using the base which is a magnet mount for a mobile scanner and I'm using a scanner antenna with that Base would that work or should I use my window scanner antenna which is where the whip came from and again the base is from a magic stick digital antenna

Mongerbl82

Okay I have a question I have a magic stick digital TV antenna I took the antenna off and using the magnet Mount base with a wind amount antenna whip would this work good or should I just switch and use the window mount itself it has the adhesive to mount on window

Mongerbl82

I'm working on that now hopefully we better get one sometime this month but right now I got a mobile scanner in my car it's 800 MHz and this Pro 91 but I'm working on a new scanner

Mongerbl82

Sometime till probably the middle of the month funds will be tight to purchase any new scanners but I'm looking on the market

wtp

if you are using a scanner and as it is receive only, you can use anyting for an antenna.
papaerclips have even been use to help in some areas due to similcast problems.
i have used AM radio can antennas and CB radios ones.for 800 Mhz reception.
experiment and have fun, see what works best for you.