Radio Shack PRO-97 Programming Help - Champaign County

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Radio Shack PRO-97 hand held scanner and I don't have a clue as to how to program it with the Champaign county frequencies or the State police district ten frequencies. I have the manual and think I can follow it OK, but I just don't know what I need to program into it. Can anyone please help or direct to some help?

Thanks,

dan

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The RS PRO97 is not a "digital" scanner, the ILL State PD is on Starcom Digital System and it seems your County is also, u would need the RS106, 197, or one of the Uniden digital scanners to hear them.....

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks Ronin!

Does this mean the scanner that i have is basically useless?

Thanks,

Dan

By no means is your pro-97 useless! There are many things you can listen to, just not digital comms.
Keep it and use it to hear ham,business,aircraft,gmrs,etc. :)

n9zas

cubn

Database Admin
You can hear the Champaign, Urbana and rural fire dispatch pages on 154.250. If Lifeflight is called to an accident, they patch rural fire from the digital radios onto 155.055. Also 155.475 is worth monitoring as the State Police announce robberies, DUIs, etc for all the agencies to hear on there.

You can hear all the Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall operations which are UHF. There's also daily activity on other UHF channels that are listed in the database under U of I.

The MTD buses on 453.775 are a good source of info on days like yesterday when streets are being closed for the Illinois Marathon. My friend doesn't have a digital scanner but he listens to 453.775 when the weather is severe because they advise the bus drivers of the weather situation on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.