• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radioddity GD-77 frequency question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoz

I've recently purchased a Radioddity GD-77 and have been somewhat impressed with it for an $87 radio, it doesn't quite stack up to my Hytera's or Kenwood's, but it does have the dual band, which is nice. The problem I have ran into is that on some frequencies that I put in it, such as 154.3775, it will change it to 154.375, the channel I'm listening to is about twenty to twenty five miles from my location and it is a DMR channel, I have it set up as rx only on all of my radios, but am unable to receive anything on this radio only, but the other two DMR channels are working fine. I have checked to make sure my tx and rx were different even though it is rx only. I'm just curious if anyone else has ran into this, or if there is going to be firmware out to correct this. Thanks for any input

Drumbum

I have one on order , did they E-mail you when it was shipped? I have yet to get one, I also have to be the one that makes the code plug for VA myself as No one else has the radio around here,, I am curious as to what you come up with also being this radio is new,, Radioditty has a FB page,, it is hit and miss if you ask a question, I don't think English is a strong subject there

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you using an RX Group list? I've found that you need one for all digital operations, although interestingly enough it will *sometimes* work without one.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Always use a group list, even if it only has one entry.

TheBoz

They did send me a message when they had mailed it, I ordered it from China and it took about two and a half weeks to get it. Also I did put in the proper rx group info, it just won't let me put in the proper frequency and I wonder since its in digital that's the reason it won't receive, it keeps changing the last four digits from 3775 to 3750 and I have the channel spacing setting set to 12.5.

Drumbum

Mine is supposed to come from US, got for $73. I got the confirmation where I paid but no ship confirmation yet. it is supposed to be in stock

I have never made a code plug before I did downloaded the MD 380 software and a working codeplug for my area hopefully this will help me putting it- side-by-side on the screen with the GD 77 software

Will it let you put that frequency at a different channel spacing? And if it does will it actually work I wonder

Drumbum

I just got notification its arriving tomorrow, I also hear that there is a software update being released supposedly this week and in that update is the ability to convert other brand code plugs

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Aug 24 they claim an update will be out. I haven't seen anything regarding other code plugs though... Just bug fixes.

Drumbum

It released today, yea I see no mention of what I was told about codeplug converting
4028c4ce3e14c8797056346cf0cf3f93.jpg

Drumbum

I saw a post on FB where someone was talking about frequency changing,, one guy said the solution was ,, change the OS region to US/English not just keyboard and it works,that was all he said,, I'm not not sure if this will help you out or not but it is on the lines of what you experience

TheBoz

Thanks for all of the info you all have posted, I'll try some ideas that I read in you're posts and see what happens, also I'll keep an eye out for the updates as they show up.

jje64

I have one of these radios on order. Is there a list of issues published somewhere?

I do not use Facebook, but I took a look at the manufacturers page and all it has is the dates for changes posted here.

If someone can point me to any issues found so far it would be appreciated.

TNX
jje64

Astro_Spectra

I've recently purchased a Radioddity GD-77 and have been somewhat impressed with it for an $87 radio, it doesn't quite stack up to my Hytera's or Kenwood's, but it does have the dual band, which is nice. The problem I have ran into is that on some frequencies that I put in it, such as 154.3775, it will change it to 154.375...

The radio only supports steps sizes of 5 and 6.25 kHz. Your frequency of 154.3775 MHz requires a step size of 2.5 kHz.

Astro_Spectra

If someone can point me to any issues found so far it would be appreciated....

Main issues are:

Talk Permit tones not working on analog or DMR (radio reports CTCSS error depending on Admit Criteria)
No 1750 Hz tone for analog operation in Europe
Issues with Color Code free admit criteria for DMR
Limited RX Groups
Second harmonic on VHF is slightly too strong for some markets (but OK for relaxed FCC rules)

Also reported (but I have not tested) are:

Scan issue
FPP CTCSS changes not stored
Some sort of Zone issue

WARNING

The supplied charger wall wart has a USB Type A output socket with a USB plug to regular circular plug for the charging stand. However, the charger delivers 12VDC. Accidently plug your phone in to the USB output and while your mileage may vary I expect it to be very short.

TheBoz

The radio only supports steps sizes of 5 and 6.25 kHz. Your frequency of 154.3775 MHz requires a step size of 2.5 kHz.

I put in only 14 channels and out of those, 5 of them it would not accept the proper frequency, 3 of them were digital and none of them would work properly, the other channels that it took ok 2 of them were digital and they work great, so for now I guess I will just put it back in and wait and see if this can be resolved with firmware, if not, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.