• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radioddity Radioddity GD-88 A/B repeater

xitiomet

Premium Subscriber
So I've been playing with the A/B repeater on my GD-88 and i can't seem to figure out what the "A/B ListenSw" does. I was kind of hoping it gave me the ability to listen to what is being repeated, but it seems to make no difference if it's on or off. If I put the radio in repeat mode there doesn't seem to be any way to listen to what its repeating.

According to the manual:

(1)A/B RepeatSw → Press the [Select]-key to switch repeater-mode On or Off for the currently selected channel → press the [Back]-key to return to the previous level (2)A/B ListenSw → Press the [Select]-key to turn monitoring of the currently selected channel On or Off → press the [Back]-key to return to the previous level. The parameter is only evaluated by the radio firmware if A/B RepeatSw is turned On.

Anyone have any idea what it does?

Josh

I had a DB40B and with A/B Repeater switch off, I don't hear the repeater audio through the local speaker, but do when it is on. Since the firmware and function is essentially identical. You may need to turn it on for both A and B in order for you to hear what the radio is receiving.

-Josh

xitiomet

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, the manual makes it sound like each VFO should have an on/off too, but when in toggle on for A and then switch control to B, I can only toggle it off, visa versa.