RadioReference Discord Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YalekW

Not sure where to put this, as I cant find a reasonable place to put this on this forum. So if it can be moved to the right place, please do so.

But has anybody ever wanted a discord server for this website?
Discord for those who dont know is a place where most gamers come to chat about certain topics related to video games, and have fun...But there have been a couple of radio-electronic related servers popping up such as Sigidwiki Discord server (which has become a popular place for especially things related to signals and radio), but I have not seen a single post here about radioreference having the same thing...a discord server. Are there various reasons for that?

The only reason im saying this is because I think it would be a great idea.

If it cant be done, thats ok too, as I have mostly migrated to discord and have been inactive here for a long while.

Reconrider

CEO already said he won't be making discord, that's why RR has a forum.
You can join the discord in my signature, it has limited members with little talking, but when people need help they do get it or at least pointed in the right way

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
But has anybody ever wanted a discord server for this website? I have not seen a single post here about radioreference having the same thing...a discord server. Are there various reasons for that? The only reason im saying this is because I think it would be a great idea.
My guess is many RR members have other things to do than sit and watch a realtime thread with unvetted replies. Realtime wrong answers are not a good thing. Decades ago IRC was fine when I had plenty of down time at the ISP, but I rarely used it at home. I did use CU-SeeMe back in the day, but I had bandwidth at the house better than most businesses back then. The perks of having root.

You state that you think it would be a great idea. You should note your reasons, to yourself, and then enjoy some critical thinking about them. I believe you will answer your own questions as to why it does not exist for RR, as well as why you have not found a post about it.

Discord servers serve a purpose, but various hobbies and topics have zero need for one. Some discord server users realize they really need a forum, as well as moderators that keep things tidy.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
Just joined up in Discord, I'm a gamer, Ham radio, and avid scanner user

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I’ve never heard of a discord server.
The fact that it’s a gamer thing, and even the name “discord” tend to make me disinterested.
Also makes you really out of touch with what goes on. I get 30-50 people constantly listening on my discord server and also gives people a place to chat about what is going on.

OpenCarrier

No thanks. I like this right here just fine. Plus there might be some discord right here since it's a public forum from time to time?
i.e. Ads, the BIG "E" or NAS.... :whistle:

OpenCarrier

CEO already said he won't be making discord, that's why RR has a forum.
You can join the discord in my signature, it has limited members with little talking, but when people need help they do get it or at least pointed in the right way
I wouldn't either. Mr. Blanton has enough to juggle with BCFY, RR Database and the Fourm.:alien:

OpenCarrier

I've never heard of a Discord server, either. From what I gather, it's a place to go and chat about your chat? Or, rather, argue about your arguments? Oh, I think there's enough discord around here without encouraging more. Who needs it?
What he said.

OpenCarrier

Not sure where to put this, as I cant find a reasonable place to put this on this forum. So if it can be moved to the right place, please do so.

But has anybody ever wanted a discord server for this website?
Discord for those who dont know is a place where most gamers come to chat about certain topics related to video games, and have fun...But there have been a couple of radio-electronic related servers popping up such as Sigidwiki Discord server (which has become a popular place for especially things related to signals and radio), but I have not seen a single post here about radioreference having the same thing...a discord server. Are there various reasons for that?

The only reason im saying this is because I think it would be a great idea.

If it cant be done, thats ok too, as I have mostly migrated to discord and have been inactive here for a long while.
Ya know what? That reddit website has a forum for police scanners and SDR... And they tell you to visit RR too....

DJ11DLN

I've never heard of a Discord server, either. From what I gather, it's a place to go and chat about your chat? Or, rather, argue about your arguments? Oh, I think there's enough discord around here without encouraging more. Who needs it?
Another board I occasionally visit put one up too. I joined and I kept getting notifications but when I'd visit there was never anybody there. Or maybe OFS kicked in and I just never could figure the silly thing out...

Status
Not open for further replies.