Radioreference releases new user profile and amateur radio features

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Today we are releasing the following new features to our registered members:

* Members can upload up to 5 photos of their shack / mobile setup to be displayed in their user profile
* Members can add a short biography about themselves to be displayed in their user profile
* Members can upload a profile picture that is displayed on your user profile page
* Amateur Radio Callsign lookup and search support, repopulated with all US Amateur Radio call signs and updated weekly
* Members whose username is their amateur radio callsign automatically have their callsign information linked to their profile
* Members may manually link their amateur radio callsign to their profile if their username is different from their callsign
* Amateur radio operators now have a new badge identifying them as amateur radio operators in the forums

To get started with the shack photos feature, head on over to your account profile and click the "Shack" tab.

Your Account

2.jpg

To get started with the biography and user profile picture features, head on over to your account profile and click the "Bio" tab.

Your Account

3.jpg

To get started using the Amateur Radio callsign lookup and search features, click the "Databases" drop down menu item at the top of the page, then click the "Amateur Radio Database" item.

Amateur Radio Information

1.jpg

To manually link your amateur radio callsign to your RadioReference.com username, open your account profile and fill in your amateur radio callsign in the appropriate field. If your callsign does not exist in our callsign database, you will be given the opportunity to submit your callsign details to the database.

4.jpg

Enjoy!

If you have any questions please let us know.

Warm regards,

Lindsay

Last edited:

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
Most Excellent!

WOW - Radio Reference has come and is continuing to come a long way!
This is a great service for all things radio!
Keep up the great work.

Dave

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I couldn't find it on my account...Maybe I haven't been updated yet..Or is this just a Premium subscriber thing and not for us feed providers?

OK upon further attempts I found it.....

Last edited:

KE7FEH

Mr. Blanton, Thank for the enhancements to your site and the services you provide!! Happy Holidays!!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Duh i sure did.thanks web browsing on a cellphone has its drawbacks, .

No problem, glad you see it now, and don't forget to submit the info for your local ham repeaters! :D

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Not sure if it's a problem on my end or not but when I try to Retrieve Callsigns by Zip / Postal Code on the Amateur Radio Database it comes back with the message in the attached picture. Was just looking around in different places using different postal codes but none of them seemed to work.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,683

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I have a question,is the forum profiles going to be merged with the new user profiles?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
The Radio Reference Forums are getting better and better over the years since I became a forum member here in late 2004. Now when the new additions to the profiles and add on's that Lindsay (blantonl) made in the features I like it. Let's see what he comes up with next with his staff members.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Not sure if it's a problem on my end or not but when I try to Retrieve Callsigns by Zip / Postal Code on the Amateur Radio Database it comes back with the message in the attached picture. Was just looking around in different places using different postal codes but none of them seemed to work.

I tried several times with postal codes and zip codes and got that. I figured that it's a work-in-progress issue and they'd get it working eventually.

SCPD

QRT

From Lindsay 's original post:...."all US Amateur Radio call signs"

...you are probably looking for non-US zipcodes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.