RCMP encrypted early perhaps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's a slow night , looks like lights out for RCMP listening online, NS West is silent ,and didn't hear any calls to dispatch on Pictou or Richmond Co. , just EHS .Figure there would be at least 1 call to 355 on one of these feeds, if this be the case the Broadcastify pages need to be changed .

krw

Feed Provider
I have heard Tantallon today, but believe the "switch" is suppose to be thrown tomorrow and that is no April fools joke. I heard a couple techs referring to that day.

Good Bye to RCMP April 1 / 2014

It's good bye to RCMP in Northeast NS and Southwest Nova , just read an official statement by the RCMP in the Metro Newspaper , gone encrypted so topics of a sensitive nature are protected and can only be accessed by authorized parties.
There is also concerns about protecting ongoing incidents or investigations that details might be discussed over the air.
There is no timeline for the switch to encryption in HRM which are dispatched by HRP.
The live feeds on Broadcastify with RCMP need to be updated .

darrylcn

They had a radio issue so you're hearing them until it's fixed. I was hoping Tantallon and Enfield might be listenable but no dice. I know this screws over jerks who use scanners for bad purposes so that's logical but it's crappy slowly losing something that's been on for me since 2009.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

MTouesnard said:
So I guess their is no way we can hear them anymore is there.

What would be the point of encrytping comms if there 'was a way to listen'...

hfxChris

Database Admin
I've switched the mode for the detachment talkgroups in the database from digital to encrypted. There's still a bunch of non-detachment talkgroups which I'm pretty darned sure would be encrypted, but having never heard them encrypted for now I'm leaving them as just digital. If you see them in use and encrypted, make a submission please.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Your not likely to find any RCMP TGs that are not encrypted. Turning the encryption on and off is typically with a switch on the radio itself. Sometimes the empty circle vs the circle with a line through it if you know what I mean by looking at a radio. The officer would have to change TGs then manually change the switch back to unencrypted which isnt likely to happen as they would have no reason to do so. On the Telecomms side, the encryption is likely tied right to the TGs in the console.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Your not likely to find any RCMP TGs that are not encrypted. Turning the encryption on and off is typically with a switch on the radio itself. Sometimes the empty circle vs the circle with a line through it if you know what I mean by looking at a radio. The officer would have to change TGs then manually change the switch back to unencrypted which isnt likely to happen as they would have no reason to do so. On the Telecomms side, the encryption is likely tied right to the TGs in the console.

And likely the mobile and portable radios will be strapped for encryption. The officer will have no ability to turn encryption on or off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hfxChris

Database Admin

Yep, but you never know.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Yes as mentioned above; any RCMP units dispatched by HRM PSAP in Dartmouth will not be encrypted. This is because they also dispatch HRM Police and especially right in the city they share the same TGs as HRM Police. You should still be able to anyone that isn't dispatched by Truro Telecoms (355) if I understand it correctly. Steve can you still hear RCMP on the Eastern Shore?

Res21cue

Feed Provider
My understanding is that any RCMP TG handled by HRM PSAP is still in the clear. That was the part of the news article that said 2 of the 3 divisions in NS were going Encrypted. HRM did not go because they work so closely with HRM PD (often on the same TG as you know) who are not encrypted. So yes....you should stil be able to hear Tantallon

Status
Not open for further replies.