RCMP - KMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microscan

I know that it will soon be a moot point, but I am wondering what KMOS stands for? I've heard RCMP members requesting that they be patched in during serious occurrences. It seems to be staffed by either a Senior NCO, or commissioned rank acting as the Duty Officer. My best guess is: K Division Major Occurrence Supervisor.

Any thoughts?

redtalon

I know that it will soon be a moot point, but I am wondering what KMOS stands for? I've heard RCMP members requesting that they be patched in during serious occurrences. It seems to be staffed by either a Senior NCO, or commissioned rank acting as the Duty Officer. My best guess is: K Division Major Occurrence Supervisor
Any thoughts?

K Division Member Operational Support Service. It is staffed in either Red Deer or Edmonton OCC depending on availability and assumes command of major incidents as many detachments do not have supervisors on duty at all times.

redtalon

Thanks. I hope that with the rollout of AFRRCS they get the patch audio quality issues sorted.
Biggest issues right now are when matters are crossing jurisdictions where some detachments are converted and some aren’t as AFRRCS and PACS cannot be patched together. The OCCs are currently running two dispatch consoles - one for each system - and switching between the two depending what detachment they’re dealing with. Once the migration is complete in October, the PACS ones will be removed. The AFRRCS talkgroups can be patched together if needed with no audio quality affected or they can simply request everyone switch to a specific talkgroup for an incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.