Realistic Patrolman Pro-77A VHF HI-LO

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldzy

Dug this out of Grandma's closet, and it still functions as I remember it when I was younger, with 8 pretty orange lights scrolling across the front.

I started picking up some Fleetnet traffic right away when I turned it on. I know nothing about these older scanners... are there crystals I can get to pick up more traffic in the Hamilton area? 1 frequency per crystal only?

Also, what are some good sources for crystals?

Thx.

mrweather

Wow, what a find. Definitely a relic and worthy of keeping simply for the collector value!

Unfortunately, it won't be of much use in today's trunked environment. There are still some conventional frequencies around that this scanner could receive but they're few and far between especially in the GTA.

Sorry but I don't know of any places that could supply you with approriate crystals. Radio Shack used to be I highly doubt it now.

jellotor

You could try hamfests...there's always lots of vintage stuff there and there might be a crystal with your name on it.

Despite the preponderance of trunked systems in the GTA, don't forget that most of the fire departments in Niagara and down country are still conventional VHF, if you do indeed find some crystals. Hook up a good antenna and put that relic to use...

DaveH

I used to deal with JAN Crystals out of Ft. Myers Fla. decades ago.
They are still around. New crystals won't be cheap at any rate.
You could also try the Yahoo "vintage scanners" group, they have
people who deal old crystals; make sure you mention specific
frequencies, and that it's Radio Shack (10.7MHz) IF.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.