BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Really Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason

So now the race is on. Which will arrive first?
The replacement part for my dead 996XT snail mail from China, or the 996P2 courier from somewhere in Canadia?
Both ordered May 20.

N4DJC

Funny because on Amazon, before you even "Add to cart" it will show an expected Delivery Date.
If that date is not acceptable to you... Do Not purchase it.... But they do, then they come to a forum and complain about it.

Add a Uniden scanner to the cart, go to the checkout and the expected delivery date changes.

Premium Subscriber
Add a Uniden scanner to the cart, go to the checkout and the expected delivery date changes.

I just tried, and it didn't change. Not saying that doesn't happen, I'm sure it does. But... you'd still see an expected delivery date, and again, if that date was not acceptable to you...

N4DJC

I just tried, and it didn't change. Not saying that doesn't happen, I'm sure it does. But... you'd still see an expected delivery date, and again, if that date was not acceptable to you...

I understand that, but it happened on two occasions to me a few weeks ago. SDS100 direct from Amazon. When confirmed the date moved to a 2 weeks from the original date. May have been during the brunt of the Covid stuff. Anyway it does happen occasionally.

BC_Scan

I ordered mine from Calgary , it came two days later... (just recently) im in Vancouver not from amazon. In stock, pm for more info if you require

BC_Scan

Factor in exchange and time wasted while waiting for crazy shipping delays etc, I would say I came out with less stress, instead there is 3 pages of bs on amazon ? doh, I thought we were talking about freqs and stuff ! nuff said.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
I've been waiting for my new boot laces going on 4 days now, I'm about to raise hell with someone, properly laced boots are essential !

On the other hand, I ordered a guitar yesterday from guitar center, shipped the same day and is going to be here tomorrow, go figure.

You could use the guiter stings for bootlaces. Then just order another guitar :) You can even use them (if they're metal) for part of an antenna (just to keep this radio related). :)

Thanks
Joel

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Factor in exchange and time wasted while waiting for crazy shipping delays etc, I would say I came out with less stress, instead there is 3 pages of bs on amazon ? doh, I thought we were talking about freqs and stuff ! nuff said.

Just to stir the pot some, the description for the Tavern does read...
"For general chit-chat and non-technical discussion specific to Uniden and does not fall within the above forum topics. This is not the forum to get technical advice from. "

:D :D

belvdr

No longer interested in living
So now the race is on. Which will arrive first?
The replacement part for my dead 996XT snail mail from China, or the 996P2 courier from somewhere in Canadia?
Both ordered May 20.
We have a winner. Scanner arrived this morning, snail mail from Vancouver. Chinese part still in transit.
I'm still trying to figure out how you ordered something in the future and had it delivered in the past. LOL

smason

We have a winner. Scanner arrived this morning, snail mail from Vancouver. Chinese part still in transit.
If anyone cares, the $1.20 Ebay part from China arrived on the 19th. Just installed it, and my 996XT is back! I guess I can't complain waiting a month if it works.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If anyone cares, the $1.20 Ebay part from China arrived on the 19th. Just installed it, and my 996XT is back! I guess I can't complain waiting a month if it works.
The part you replaced came from China so it oughta work.

• Haha
Reactions: 522

JohnDistai

The expected delivery date from Amazon is sometimes wildly different from what it says before you order, and after the order is placed. Bought something the website claimed was in stock with 2 day delivery. After placing the order, received an email stating that it would be a month to six weeks to receive it. Cancelled the order and tried again. Same thing. Left the order in place, and sure enough, a month later...

I ordered an item from Scanner Master during that time frame and received it a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.